1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LAKLAND OWNERS GROUP #43

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Definitely understand this one. I would love to have a US but my skylines are no slouch. I think I would prefer 2 skylines to 1 US, and the Glaub is a monster. I love mine. Good luck!

2. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    :eek::rollno: BAD move, but great for you huh :).

Can't argue w/ that! Kids come first!

And, if you can get the right Skyline w/ the right setup...

Heck you can get Carl to put the US finish on the neck and your left hand won't know the difference.

3. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    What's up Aaron? Glad you're home for a bit.

I have to agree (again) that Skylines are NOT slouches.

4. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey bro....things here are good and busy. I've got Orlando, Portland, Detroit, Atlanta, and Chicago in the next 3 weeks, followed by 3 weeks in China....how are things with you?

5. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey guys :hyper: my boredom may be cured soon!!

I think I've mentioned that our singer quit recently after taking over a month off. The rest of us kept working on new songs, thinking everything would be cool again someday :scowl:. I've also NOT been doing anything with the fusion trio.

Well, my fiance's friend is a singer/guitarist/songwriter that's been working the local scene for years. I've been itching to work w/ him for quite a while. He contacted us last night saying his latest band's bassist may not make their debut gig, and that he's been looking for an oppurtunity to work w/ me :bassist:.

So, I've got a long list of covers and some originals to learn in the next 2 weeks :bassist:. I love a challenge!!

Here's the irony: his band plays a lot of the covers that I practically begged my band to do, with no luck :(, and he's the first singer that came to mind when I knew we would be needing one....

hmmm, maybe a merger will happen? Either way, I'm going to use the oppurtunity to knock the dust off my Laklands. Maybe I'll even get to gig my Tele!!!

6. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    MAN Aaron you sure get around!! Make the most of your (too short) weekend w/ your beautiful family, Laklands included LOL.

7. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    I am still amazed at the GAS contained in this thread.

I just want my frets fixed - and still not that bad.

8. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    thanks bro...that's the plan.....i hope you get to gig that Tele

9. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    This is going to be a tough one I think.

It's a nice growly flatwound that's an odd one out in a set that came with the bass. Haven't found anything to match it. I think it's an A strung in the E position ... so detuned and that may contribute to the growl ... that and it being on a fretless.

The only other distinctive thing is that there a clear gaps in the windings ... gaps on labellas are much tighter.

Pics

string.

machine.

ballend_windings.

ballend.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm starting to get obsessive about the sound of this string.

Andy

(Also posted in the strings forum, but posting here because it is a Lakie HB ... and someone suggested it may be part of the originial string set - JO flats)

10. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    Nice dude!!! Sounds killer!

11. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    The ball ends look like OJs. The finish looks like them too, or Precision flats. The gaps look like TIs...hmmm.

12. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    So where are you with that?

13. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Travelin' like a Rock Star!

14. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    Hmmm ... looks like I can rule out those 3 anyway.

15. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    AWESOME!!! Good luck with that! I love it when a plan comes together... :ninja:

16. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    YES, the Tele can definitely be used :hyper:!!! Going to put some Dunlops on her tonight!!

17. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Now you're talkin'!

18. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    Hey Mr Dunlop, errr, I mean Markus.... where do you get yours? Might try some on one of my babies...

...and speaking of them, and since it's a new thread-

usrr4.
    ro1.

19. Nice rig (I'm assuming that your guitarist isn't going through an Ashdown setup). What head are you running?

I've got a 210 right now and trying to decide whether to add another 210 or a 115. I hear that the two 210s work together to make B-string magic, but I like the idea of that bigger cone as well...

20. Mr Matt

Mr Matt Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Washington State
    After much deliberation I purchased a cab off TB for an awesome price & it will allow for more flexibility in my set & extend the life of my back a little longer.
    When I got it home a couple things about it pleased me to no end.
    It wasn’t the great pack job (really nice) or that it arrived in great shape & in record time from St Louis (3 days!), but what really caught my attention was oddly familiar & puzzling as I hadn’t even opened it yet.
    It only took a couple of seconds & I knew where this cab had been before at one time or another.
    After some CSI I found the source of the the odd yet pleasing familiarity of the cab, 3 owners prior to me this cab was owned by our very own Terry!

Although this isn’t a Lakland, it does have Lakland ties… from the original sale thread.

family002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.