1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowest Priced New Basses Ever??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlaCharlie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. DJ Bebop likes this.
  2. 9W2XQN

9W2XQN

Feb 14, 2020
    I tried filing a dispute with eBay but they told me since I bought the item through eBay Malaysia, I'd need to file my claim on the Malaysia site. Apparently all regional disputes in this part of the world are processed by PayPal as their payment agent. I raised questions regarding the eBay dispute resolution center, but the agent advised me to purchase my item using the eBay US site next time (which doesn't make sense - why have a regional site in the first place then?) in order to use the dispute reso center. Anyway, so I am, like some of the previous users, going to get stuck in the PayPal limbo in claiming my refund.... which I can only initiate after Apr 8th, the last day of my delivery window..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012

Morning. No I am not going to drive 450 miles to see what I got. I just called PayPal and the telephone line is still not being manned so no way to advance my claim. I just got off the phone with a nice person at the Hot Springs post office. She said the item is in her computer but she can't find the item but will call me back if she finds it and will describe it to me. That may help me with my claim.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  4. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    I get the feeling that you are the only one NOT getting a refund.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012
    well that is because as I said I filed the claim with PayPal and I have to talk to somebody at PayPAl to resolve the issue ... and the phone line is down so I'm stuck in limbo. I am angry, however, at PayPal that nobody followed through with my original claim and PayPal never got back to me ... as promised ... after the 10-day period for the seller to respond to my claim. Oh, well, I just have to keep calling until PayPal restarts the phone center.

crammit442 and DJ Bebop like this.
  6. crammit442

crammit442

Dec 1, 2018
    I didn't actually think you'd drive 450 miles just to see a package that's unlikely to contain what you paid for. It would be very interesting to actually see what one of these "small packets" looks like and contains.:cool: I'm sure you'll get your money back like everyone else, just maybe slightly delayed.
    Charles

DJ Bebop likes this.
  7. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012

I realize that. It would be interesting to see what the package is and whom it was sent to. The fact that it ended up back in the post office makes me think it was undeliverable due to the address and/or name listed.

oh, btw ... SUCCESS!!!

I got a different PayPal agent this morning who looked over my claim and escalated the case and I got an email saying I have been given the refund. The email stated that the seller didn't respond within that 10-day window (as I expected). So now I have $19.43 in found money to splurge on something crazy.

Thanks to all of the kind and helpful comments here.

8. crammit442

crammit442

Dec 1, 2018
    That's definitely good news:thumbsup:! Even though robhe is no longer an active seller, eBay has told me that I have to give him 5 days to respond to their enquiry. Go figure:cool:.
    Charles

OldPlucker, DJ Bebop and 4sight like this.
  9. Same here. I can escalate tomorrow.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  10. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 14, 2011
    Sales Development Manager NN Inc. - Polymet, USA manufacturer of fret wire
    Some are still hoping they are the one.

OldPlucker, Joe Nerve and DJ Bebop like this.
  11. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

I never clicked on this thread because I wanted nothing to do with a less-than-$20 bass....until I saw the above thread and I had no idea what a Rohbe Refund was.
    See what you get for diggin’ in the trash?

DJ Bebop, Playbyear and crammit442 like this.
  12. callmecrazy

callmecrazy

Mar 11, 2020
    Great news Ralph!!
    I shared your frustration with eBay's rigid policies, as well as the lack of empathy from some fellow forum members. It is and always was about the principal of the matter more than the money (although the refund is sweet). So now relax and enjoy the victory lap!!

crammit442, Bazrac and DJ Bebop like this.
  13. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012

I will. A bit of some informational update. The woman at the Va. post office called me back and said she didn't have any info for me (this was before the news of the refund) but that somebody came into the post office and got the letter/package/whatever. So what I'm guessing happened is the item was delivered back to the post office and the recipient got a note to come to the post office and he or she did and got whatever it was. Not a guitar I'm thinking.

14. gungrog

gungrog

Nov 25, 2017
    So, eBay has allowed the refund process to begin, starting with me sending a message to our friend Rohbe

CaptureEbay.JPG

crammit442 and CatchaCuda like this.
  15. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    Funny, I was just able to do that too, even though the delivery date window went to April 6th. Sweet.
    In all 3 of my messages to him, I added "I pity the fool", after calling him a fool
    Too bad I couldn't add a pic of Mr. T

DJ Bebop likes this.
  16. Etienne

Etienne

Aug 30, 2017
    I’m going to ruffle a few feathers here.

Everyone who ordered one of these basses knew this was too good to be true, but greed got the better of us, and we thought someone else (in this case, eBay) would bear the loss.

Not very impressive, are we?

17. protegeV

protegeV

Mar 1, 2020
    DFW
    Just received a refund on all my orders from the scammer. Started the process on Friday. Received an email from ebay asking for an update this morning. I told them no response from the seller. I received the refund within 15 minutes.

DJ Bebop and Bazrac like this.
  18. WebJunk

WebJunk

Oct 19, 2015
    I'm just waking up & found several messages on eBay.
    First was that the Seller DID not respond.
    Second was (as you see below) the Seller did Reply & asked eBay to review the case.
    Third, eBay ruled & approved my refund.

So this means Robhe is alive & active on eBay although being unregistered can't Sell anything. Robhe is (as I said previously) hoping some people will not go thru the refund process so he will get their money then. Robhe also may in fact win some of these disputes, as sometimes when people file a dispute either include no information (only say they want their money back) or use profanity &/or personal attacks which can hrt their chances for a refund. In those cases again Robhe would keep the money if there is no refund given.

I can see Robhe coming out of this with a profit after all.

upload_2020-3-24_13-27-52.png

19. In my case, nope. I had heard here on TalkBasss that this person had shipped basses out at $30 and some even showed those basses here on TalkBass and indicated that he might be just liquidating stock.

At that time, I jumped in. And like many, I was hoping for the bass, not the refund. Many of us were hoping right up to the end that the basses or guitars would come. At no time was I or others even thinking of someone else like eBay or Paypal bearing our loss.

Nope my friend, my feathers are smooth on this :)

gungrog, Bazrac, rjovin and 2 others like this.