1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowest Priced New Basses Ever??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlaCharlie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. crammit442

crammit442

Dec 1, 2018
    Ditto!

DJ Bebop likes this.
  2. 2 ordered, 2 refunded as of today. Time to change my vote.

Jake

3. crammit442

crammit442

Dec 1, 2018
    FWIW, having been active on eBay for 20+ years, I knew going in that I was triple protected by eBay, PayPal, and my CC company. That said, I was also aware that I could possibly lose $40. It was worth the risk for me. I'd hoped to give them both whatever setup was needed, possibly sell one on CL, and have a cheap P Bass to play with. Also, my wife is a power seller on eBay and I can say with confidence that eBay is no longer very seller friendly. Inexperienced buyers often demand refunds for the most outlandish flimsy reasons and if she doesn't just cave to the buyer she'll lose her seller status. No hard feelings, just saying......

Charles

b_carville and DJ Bebop like this.
  4. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    I'm not offended in the least.

I don't set the policies on eBay. They set the policies and offer "the eBay money back guarantee" . I shop on eBay because my purchases have this guarantee.

I've received several "too good to be true deals" since 2001. I hope to get a few more. :thumbsup::bassist:

delta7fred, crammit442 and DJ Bebop like this.
  5. James winters

James winters

Jan 26, 2020
    Grenada ms
    I got stiffed on a 17.99 deal free shipping but just got email, ebay ebay refunded my money about an hr ago

DJ Bebop, lightbg and Playbyear like this.
  6. callmecrazy

callmecrazy

Mar 11, 2020
    Given that the plan was to set up the guitar and get it into the hands of a young player (no charge) I feel confident greed was not the motivating factor for me in this purchase. Actually curiosity was much more in play, and I also got to learn a few things as well for free. It was like any adventure, outcome unknown until you arrive at the destination. I too feel nothing but smooooth feathers!

4sight, SLIV, Bazrac and 1 other person like this.
  7. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    I got two refunds so far
    I'll probably get the next after April 7.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  8. Mammothbass

Mammothbass

Apr 27, 2012
    I actually thought I'd get it when I placed the order. I've been fortunate with other purchases - I record my band's shows with a knock-off GoPro that was $21 Canadian, including shipping! The seller went to the trouble of making the basses different prices, depending on the finish and had some include a practice amp, some not. That seemed like an unusual degree of attention to detail for a scam. Why not sweeten the deal and have them all include the amp if none actually existed?
    I play in a bar band for drunk people. Some pretty sketchy places for $125 a gig. I've recently realized that bringing an expensive bass is unwise due to the likelihood of damage or theft. A $25 "good enough for rock & roll" bass would've set my mind at ease! Fortunately, I got a used Epiphone Thunderbird for $200. That'll do!

9. stockplus

stockplus

Aug 11, 2015
    Eugene, OR
    I got refunds yesterday for the two robhe8875 basses I ordered at the end of February. As many of you have described, it took jumping through a few hoops...but not too bad, really. I considered it a very low-risk gamble and I am not disappointed in the outcome. Had sub-$20 basses actually arrived, I planned on painting them and giving them to my little kids!

DJ Bebop, knee_boarder and mikewalker like this.
  10. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson Supporting Member

I just started the process to get my refund. If I don't, I only have $17.99 lost. Not a biggie. Should have known better. When the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  11. The question is, at what point is the price too good to be true??

The same basses have been selling for around $55 for quite a while from numerous sellers and are still available for that price. And this seller previously sold - and delivered - some for $35 to $40. I imagine most people would say those prices are too good to be true.

I was one of the people who got one of the $40 ones. Pic and review here, just scroll down a bit: Official Exquisite/Glarry/Burning Fire Bass Club?

OTOH, if they weren't offered through eBay, where I know I'm protected from loss, I probably wouldn't have taken the chance.

There are other totally bogus sites which were (are?) offering things like a Lakland for $65. Now THAT screams "too good to be true" much louder than a cheap Chinese bass!

Guitars : Lakland Skyline 44-02 4-String Bass

DJ Bebop, 4sight, Playbyear and 2 others like this.
  12. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    That's a total scam site for sure!

DJ Bebop likes this.
  13. James winters

James winters

Jan 26, 2020
    Grenada ms
    I myself feel like a scammer is the lowest form of a pos thief, and id love to spend a few days with at least one of the sumbitches

DJ Bebop likes this.
  14. JohnnyBottom

JohnnyBottom Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Case of seller gone rogue. Expected date 4/6.
    Filed..'I didnt receive item' 3 days ago.
    Ebay refund received today.
    Its been fun.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  15. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
    My 'basses' ended up in Oklahoma somewhere. Filed for a refund with Ebay on Monday, just received an email that it went through about 10 minutes ago.

It was a fun ride while it lasted folks!

James winters, DJ Bebop and lightbg like this.
  16. Buz71

Buz71

Mar 29, 2018
    Got email from Ebay this a.m. that they're issuing a refund from robhe, the tracking number was invalid. Can't say this hasn't been fun. will still continue to follow this tread but there can't be too many left that didn't get a refund. Now I just need to figure out what I can get for my Glarry Jazz. With $20 can't do too much, prob some aesthetic addition, ashtry, etc. Like my mom always used to say " A little powder and a little paint makes a lady look what she ain't".

17. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    My wife is a pro make-up artist. I have to send her that quote from your mom!

DJ Bebop likes this.
  18. Buz71

Buz71

Mar 29, 2018
    hope it puts a smile on her face.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  19. callmecrazy

callmecrazy

Mar 11, 2020
    It sure did on mine!:):):)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  20. Buz71