1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowest Priced New Basses Ever??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlaCharlie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. gungrog

gungrog

Nov 25, 2017
    Just got full refund notification from eBay. The 'Exquisite Burning Fire Style Electric Bass Guitar Golden' will never be mine - well, not for $17 anyway.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  2. JohnnyBottom

JohnnyBottom Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    if anybody finds a deal too good to be true.. Lets do this again. Feel Lucky?
    Tempted to go for a 59$ baby.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  3. casualmadness

casualmadness Man About Town Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Well count me among the hosed. Got notification earlier my bass had been delivered. I’m downstairs in my office so I ran up the stairs, rounded the corner to the front door and nothing was there. I knew it was a scam but still had hope. Oh well. eBay says I have to give the seller three days to respond before they will step in.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  4. fc5bddbc0a776888f5f0a70efb5eb9a1.gif

5. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    I received all my refunds and for went for a sure thing. It’s not a Burning Fire Exquisite Glarry tho...
    It was a very good deal, but not “too good to be true”

NBD Talman un-boxing (Robhe consolation buy)

D9F5F320-138D-4178-BFF6-5EDBD705B5B9.jpeg

6. Buz71

Buz71

Mar 29, 2018
    DJ Bebop and Playbyear like this.
  7. Bazrac

Bazrac

Jun 10, 2017
    Just got a refund for the bass I ordered, expect to get one for the strat in the next day or two. Happy, but kinda sad too. What a journey guys.
    Stay safe and well.

DJ Bebop, gungrog and Playbyear like this.
  8. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    My $16 bass should be arriving later this week! It arrived successfully to the US and just left Cali for MA :)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  9. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson Supporting Member

I filed a claim with ebay on March 25. From what I read, they said it could take a little while to resolve. The "Seller" filed a counterclaim today (March 30) and immediately they ruled in my favor and refunded my funds. Woooho, in 48 mere hours, I will have enough extra money to buy a case of ramen noodles and a 4 pack of toilet paper. :)

You received a refund
    We refunded $ 19.29 back to your original payment method, which includes item price, shipping, and tax. Please allow 48 hours for it to process.
    We didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller.
    Final decision:
    This case was found in your favor.

10. gh0st42

gh0st42 Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Colorado
    Yep, same thing happened on both of mine as well.

kirkdickinson likes this.
  11. Bob Rhett

Bob Rhett

Aug 11, 2014
    Pinopolis SC
    Just got my last refund. It was fun but now I'm done.

12. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    If this is a Robhe8875 purchase, be sure to capture the unboxing on camera. Good luck!

DJ Bebop and Bazrac like this.
  13. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    It is! I have a fun video planned for this :)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  14. JohnnyBottom

JohnnyBottom Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    I got my refund, 5 days ago, and my package got delivered in Las Vegas, yesterday. Im in NJ. LowEndLobster getting a bass.....anyone care to wager? Only trying to stay active with this thread:)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  15. Joma3

Joma3

Jul 2, 2015
    Twin Cities, MN
    I made a friendly bet with someone early on in this thread when people were originally placing their orders that nobody would be receiving their sub-$20 basses...I would be willing to wager that trend continues here.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  16. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    Welp... You might be right.

"March 30, 2020, 7:45 am
    Out for Delivery
    SAN BRUNO, CA 94066
    Your item is out for delivery on March 30, 2020 at 7:45 am in SAN BRUNO, CA 94066."

I am not in San Bruno... I'm going to call the post office and see if they can reroute...

DJ Bebop likes this.
  17. Joma3

Joma3

Jul 2, 2015
    Twin Cities, MN
    I wouldn't bother. I don't think whatever it is even has your name on it. I think Robhe gave you a tracking number for something completely unrelated being legitimately shipped from China to somewhere in the US. And I don't think Robhe had anything to do with the legitimately shipped items...he just hijacked the tracking numbers somehow, either bought or stole them as part of his scam and passed them along.

DJ Bebop and gungrog like this.
  18. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    Ah, well I put in for the refund. I guess I'll have to spend a little bit more for a cheapy.

DJ Bebop and Joma3 like this.
  19. eBay have removed the two ads of the original post so I couldn’t see those masterpieces ...

DJ Bebop likes this.
  20. Last edited: Mar 30, 2020