1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowest Priced New Basses Ever??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlaCharlie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012
    Well I've painted myself in a corner. My "guitar" did not arrive yesterday but now USPS shows it is out for delivery at some address in Hot Springs, Va., as I was told a few days ago by my local USPS worker. However the problem is that PayPal is not answering any of my texts and due to the virus short-staffing I can't call. I am so unhappy with eBay suggesting I file with PayPal. What can I do with PayPal?

I am so angry with PayPal. The telephone support has closed and I understand that. However nobody is even referring to my claim in the Resolution Center. In fact I made one yesterday at about 5 p.m. and here it is about 17 hours later and no response. I can't get a refund if nobody at PayPal will help me.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  2. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    A lot of folks are going about this improperly.

It’s very easy if you just Procede the correct way through eBay.

Once the item is delivered to the wrong address, file through the resolution center.

If not delivered somewhere, then you will have to wait until after the last expected delivery date to file.

You have to be a little bit patient!

DJ Bebop and 4sight like this.
  3. I now know why my blue bass hasn’t moved since 3/1/20. Heres a paste of the history:

Time and date Place Message
    Sunday, Mar 1, 2020 2:09 AM GUANGZHOU EMS Processed Through Facility
    Sunday, Mar 1, 2020 2:08 AM GUANGZHOU EMS Processed Through Facility
    Saturday, Feb 29, 2020 9:15 PM GUANGZHOU Processed Through Facility
    Saturday, Feb 29, 2020 2:48 PM N/A Acceptance

It was then handed off to the air carrier, which through a local source was determined to be Penguin Air Transport.o_O

That explains everything.

Jake

FlaCharlie and DJ Bebop like this.
  4. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012
    As I said I can't do that with eBay because they said I filed the claim with PayPal ... but only at the eBay agent's suggestion. Now eBay is saying essentially, "Sorry it's out of our hands because you've chosen to go with PayPal." And PayPal took my claim on March 11 and now with the virus problem is just not answering any of my emails. As I said I didn't use PayPal for the purchase but the eBay agent said PayPal actually pays out the money so he said that would be the easiest way to deal with the matter.

Update: The USPS sent me a email saying my item is at Hot Springs, Va., post office for pickup. The post office closed a few minutes early I guess and won't be open until Monday.

Btw, I did try again to go through eBay but got this:
    Unfortunately, we can’t open a case for you because it looks like there’s a payment issue with this order. Please contact PayPal customer support to cancel the payment. If you paid with a credit card, please contact your provider to cancel the payment.

I will also try my credit card but I tried earlier and the wait was more than an hour ... but that's better than this.

Well this just gets better and better. I tried calling my credit card company ... and after a few minutes got told the telephone center has ALSO closed!

DJ Bebop likes this.
  5. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    That’s too bad.
    This is a situation where the lowest key, least effort, yields the result.
    Those of us with many years and many hundreds of eBay transactions have been trying to help everyone on TB navigate the refund.

(Now, if I were you, I’d still try the eBay resolution center once the item is delivered elsewhere or the date expires. NO emails, NO phone calls. Just file as shown).

DJ Bebop likes this.
  6. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012
    I tried that. I get the message that eBay can not help me because of a "pay dispute" already filed with PayPal. In act I just emailed eBay to see if somebody could suggest something and somebody sent me an email saying to try, as you suggested, but it won't go through because the PayPal claim has taken control. In essence, as I somewhat jokingly said, eBay won't, or can't , help me because of the PayPal claim haven't "first dibs." And I'm speechless to understand why an eBay employee would answer in a few minutes where as PayPal has not answered in nearly 20 hours.

Btw, I just now got a follow-up email from eBay saying eBay will not help me and I just have to continue working with PayPal,. the eBay rep said I had a choice to go with PayPal or eBay but if I filed with PayPal that eBay would be out of the matter,. I responded that I was not told that fact and why would I go with PayPal ... a company I've barely used ... instead of sticking with eBay?

DJ Bebop likes this.
  7. 4sight

4sight Supporting Member

Can you close the PayPal dispute and then refile via the eBay resolution centre?

DJ Bebop likes this.
  8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41

Sep 20, 2012
    This answer is just perfect ....

The PayPal agent said I could cancel the PayPal claim ... but ... as I purchased it with my credit card (a "guest" account) I could only get it cancelled if I talked to somebody at the call center .. which, of course, is closed and he has no idea in the world when it will reopen.

So, Catch-22 anybody?

He also said that even if I could have PayPal cancel the claim he wasn't sure if eBay would let me refile the case so I would have to contact eBay ... whose call center is also closed down.

Btw, USPS says my "guitar" is waiting for me in Virginia, about 450 miles from my home. I tried calling but I think the post office closed a bit early today. I will call Monday and see if somebody can at least describe the package or envelope and maybe even forward it to me somehow. My name is somewhat unique and AFAIK I'm the only one with my name in the U.S.A. (I've always been secretly proud of that.)

DJ Bebop likes this.
  9. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    I doubt the package has your name on it!

vid1900 and DJ Bebop like this.
  10. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  11. OldPlucker

OldPlucker Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Maryland
    Wow! Robhe8875 score has dropped fro 0 to -3. The hole is getting deeper.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  12. They just pulled his account. Damn, I left a nasty feedback that won’t get read.........

Jake

DJ Bebop and OldPlucker like this.
  13. Bazrac

Bazrac

Jun 10, 2017
    If they've pulled his account does that mean we can all pile in and get a refund?

DJ Bebop likes this.
  14. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    If this scammer had a sense of humor he'd (don't know why, but I have to assume its a he :)) would have sent at least one bass out to someone.

That would have increased the epic qualities of this thread exponentially.

I'm happy everyone is getting their money back, and fwiw, I hope whoever is doing this pays a price. Either legally, or kharmically.

15. OldPlucker

OldPlucker Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Maryland
    At this time, it appears that you may have the bragging rights to placing the final straw on robhe8875's Ebay account.

DJ Bebop and lightbg like this.
  16. Spieluhr

Spieluhr

Dec 4, 2017
    London, UK
    You should be able to open a case now, even if you still have a delivery date sometime in the future, now that eBay have "pulled" his account.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  17. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    lightbg and DJ Bebop like this.
  18. I'm not sure what their current relationship is but a quick search reveals that eBay bought Paypal in 2002 but they always operated as separate companies. After the purchase, eBay made it harder to use other payment methods. In 2018 they announced they were going to start using a different company to process payments starting sometime this year. They will still accept Paypal but the other company will do all their internal payment processing, which was previously done by Paypal.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  19. crammit442

crammit442

Dec 1, 2018
    Since robhe8875's account has been closed, I went ahead and filed my refund request w/eBay. I got the normal 3 day for seller to respond message. At this point, I'm assuming that's simply a formality. It would be awesome if @Ralph124C41 could actually go to the post office and inspect one of the "small packets" basses in person. That alone could keep this great thread alive for a while longer. I really do hate that none of us are going to receive our basses, but this has been the most enjoyable thread I've participated in since joining TB. Hopefully I'll be able to report a full refund within a couple of days. It would be be great if we could all find another misadventure of some sort to unite around for another few weeks:thumbsup:.
    Charles

DJ Bebop, Bazrac and Thatbastarddon like this.
  20. Buz71

Buz71

Mar 29, 2018
    Well, I guess that my chasing of the proverbial Unicorn has come to an end also. Just got notice from USPS tracking that my package was at the Queens Distribution Center and should be delivered sometime tomorrow, which is nice but I.ve never even been to New York. I,m 1500 miles away in WI. Will let you know what happens here, but I think we all know. But like someone else said this whole journey has been a blast. And if nothing else I can file for my refund by Wed.

DJ Bebop and crammit442 like this.