My Apologies To All Here

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Greg_S, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    I admit I was pissed off at Fender and wasted everyone's time here with my rant. I should have known better to respect everyone's time. It all ended well - the gift arrived on in time for Christmas, so I'm done.

I apologize and wish all a Happy Everything!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    jtharp, cthomas5200 and Oddly like this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    You knew better? Have you ordered basses directly from Fender during one of the busiest shipping weeks of the year and had a bad experience before?

3. Tim817

Tim817

Dec 14, 2015
    Unionvale New York
    lesson learned !!! always go with your gut!

4. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Maybe they'll send you a nice Fender hat for your trouble- if you ask nicely.

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I think they'll be okay without you.

6. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Clearly you have no idea how the shipping industry works. Everyone wants to blame either GC or Fender for everything that is bad in the music world. Please send the bass back and never deal with Fender again, they don't need customers like you...no I am not kidding.

hintz, JakeyBran, obimark and 5 others like this.
  7. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

So, they got it to you by the 23rd? Excellent! That's great service. I hope you enjoy your quality Fender product for years to come. You must be really happy.

8. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I guess Fender and Fed-ex should fire their entire staff of fortune tellers.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  9. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    Congratulations! You've discovered the only real difference between Squier and Fender! It's not quality control, it's not where it was made, it's all about how far round the bend they can drive you when you order it.

Just thank your lucky stars it wasn't a Custom Shop model, for that kind of money they'd probably feel obliged to deny your existence for a few months to just to make sure you were properly wound up.

Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen!

Fat Steve likes this.
  10. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

Feb 24, 2011
    I'm guessing string spacing isn't really the issue.o_O

11. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    OP:

1. Learning that your shipping was "cancelled" had to be jarring: "Cancelled" means "end of story, it won't be shipped." As in, "Sorry, Saturday's gig is cancelled." You should have been told it was "postponed." Whichever computer or database sent that notice needs a vocabulary upgrade.

2. You're right, Amazon has shipping down cold — it's the heartbeat of their business. I'm going to guess that the Fender e-commerce operation is little better than a marketing afterthought. I'm not surprised if no one in promotions thought to say, "hey, are we really going to be able to fulfill this deal three days before Christmas?"

3. You got your bass, however painfully. I'm glad it worked out for you; these things usually do. I respect your frustration, but if it meant that my biggest holiday season crisis was enduring a day in shipping limbo for a Squier that I wasn't buying as a gift, then I'd happily trade places with you.

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I'm not sure if I get this right.
    OP hates Fender and considers they make inferior products.
    He decides to try to change his mind by ordering the cheapest bass in their range.
    While trying to find specs without success (Google will tell you the string spacing is .750, within seconds), he finds a great deal on overnight shipping.
    He received his bass on the 23rd instead of the 22nd and on this basis, before trying his entry model, establishes that Fender products suck and the company is terrible.
    Do I get it?

Fat Steve, OldDog52, hintz and 23 others like this.
  13. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Are you gonna return it and go for a 50 year boycott?

Fat Steve, hover, Winoman and 6 others like this.
  14. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Well that just sucks (Bah Humbug!)! LOL.....Merry Christmas.

singlemalt likes this.
  15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

16. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Why did you end your boycott if you knew this was going to happen?

Maybe you should go work for Fender as they obviously need help in predicting future shipping demands of other companies.

TIMD likes this.
  17. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    So the guy's mad because an inexpensive Squire bass arrived an extra day late during the absolute busiest time of the year for both retailers and the shipping industry? He's gonna boycott the Fender company forever for this? I don't get it.

Fat Steve, TIMD and Oldschool94 like this.
  18. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    Sorry, I forgot the emoji, I was mostly pulling on your leg about the pics.

But, pretty bass, I generally don't care for 3TS burst, but on both my Jag and your P, it looks good.

19. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
  20. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Yeah... Attitude and incompetence can be annoying.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021