My Apologies To All Here

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Greg_S, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    No sir, it didn't. I generally don't expect people who've been boycotting a company for four decades to have owned, and described favorably, at least four of their products.

2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    And In the end everything turned out fine. A nice looking bass too!

3. madmanmerc

madmanmerc

May 11, 2015
    An extra day is not to bad. Go check the sire thread. Poor guys are waiting months, myself included

4. madidus

madidus

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    That's a mighty fine looking bass. Are you happy with it? I recently got an American Standard P Bass V, but before pulling the trigger was considering a candy apple red version of your Squire, so I'd be interested in your views.
    FWIW, I can understand your frustration at getting told the shipment was cancelled with no info about when, or if, it was being sent. I'm glad it worked out ok in the end.

5. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Ahh, so you are a commercial seller? Good to know...

6. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    What a world, what a world.

7. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Though you are completely in the right and have a reason to be upset, I must say, for someone who thinks they are a poorly run company that makes inferior product, you sure took a gamble buying a bass sight unseen to be shipped at the busiest time of the year!

Oldschool94 likes this.
  8. image.jpeg

I am Soma, Joedog, Max Blasto and 2 others like this.
  9. stevensivak

stevensivak

Dec 24, 2014
    Coordinate with FedEx before making a nice offer ? Are you real? I would like to know
    what planet you are from....

10. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

Feb 24, 2011
    How does one pay full retail for a $300.00 instrument and turn it around for a profit?

11. squirefan

squirefan

Nov 22, 2009
    Lansing, Ks.
    Must put a Fender decal on it and post on CL.:blackeye:

ariwax, hover, 1954bassman and 6 others like this.
  12. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Do you always give gifts of "inferior" products?

13. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

Feb 24, 2011
    Maybe if you kick and scream a little, (show em this thread so they know what an influence you have over the market) then FMIC will cut you a break on your next big purchase, cos they don't wanna lose any major buyers.

brendanbassix, TIMD and Oldschool94 like this.
  14. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Oh ... ah just one more question. Was it for a gift or re-sale? I didn't quite get that and the chief is a real stickler about these things. You know how it is.
    Ahh .. do you have a pencil I could use?

15. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Tough crowd.

Manichga likes this.
  16. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga
    Knew.

17. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Dealing with anything shipping related this close to Christmas is a huge headache. I can also relate to the frustration of hearing that it won't be shipped even though it was, as it could have led to you spending more time and money coming up with another gift as a contingency plan. But hey, at least it all worked out in the end, frustrating as it may have been.

18. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
    You should return the bass for spite. How dare they take an extra day to ship!

steamthief and Oldschool94 like this.
  19. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I'd ask them for a refund since they cancelled the order, saying you'll buy one locally. Don't tell them it has been delivered.

20. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Well he can't boycott Fed Ex, now can he?

SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO PAY! ROAR!
    e752f93440aa3f70c4866a1746a48b10.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021