My Apologies To All Here

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Greg_S, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    No company that sells direct and through retailers will slash their direct prices, because business.

Ballin'bass likes this.
  2. This thread is gold!

Can someone please pass the popcorn? :D

3. JaredBT

JaredBT

Aug 7, 2012
    A lot of folks here defend shippers because of what time of year it is... Shipping is what they do, everyday. Bottom line is they should still get it right. Just because they're busy is no excuse. Re. Fender, anyone who boycotts a company doesn't get it. Companies have employees, employees are human. Humans have breakdowns / good days and bad days because of a lot of different reasons. Companies that have been in existence for a length of time have done so from being able to maintain a decent level of production. Nobody's 100% perfect, 100% of the time. Companies go through changes when needed to try to get better. When something bad happens chances are an employee screwed the pooch and what matters is how the employee or the rest of the company handles making it right. Boycotting a company for that long is no bueno in my humble opinion as the company may come around and be great at some point in terms of quality and price. I know some of the Squire series basses now are killer for like 3 bills. Pretty tuff to beat.

4. crucislancer

crucislancer Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    There is only so much that Fender can do on their end with regards to Fed Ex. They can call and get a deeper trace in the works, and that might reveal where the package is, but this time of the year there's a huge increase in business for the shipping industry which requires hiring temp help that might not have a clue on how to handle packages. All it takes is a missed scan, and then there's no way for the anxious receiver to have a clue on progress.

My day job is as a shipping supervisor. The only time I ever have a problem with on time deliveries with Fed Ex, UPS, or any other courier/trucker/freight forwarder is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This week, I had two late packages. Last week, one package, the week prior to that, also one package. The only time that I would call the people that shipped it would be to get a tracking number or to replace the item that was shipped because it was lost or damaged.

I also want to point out a comment that was made earlier in the thread with regards to Amazon being pros at shipping, and Fender not so much. This is a fallacy. How do you think Fender got their product to music stores over the past 60+ years? Amazon's advantages are the amount of warehouses they can ship from and they most likely get a better deal from the shipping companies. Fender ships from southern California. Yes, Amazon has a better system for website ordering, and Fender is still new to the game. But in this case, Fender did what they said they were going to do.

And, the reality of the situation is that Fender will look at all of the packages they shipped, see what didn't arrive as promised, and have a chat with Fed Ex about it or not. If the percentage is low enough, they won't even bother. Amazon does the same thing. Heck, I do the same thing.

By the way, I have ordered through the Fender website before. Granted, the most expensive thing I've ordered from them was a case, but I've had a few orders with them. Never had a problem.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  5. dickfitts

dickfitts

Jan 18, 2012
    Aww, c'mon, guys! Y'all ever seen those "cringe compilation" videos on Youtube? Happy Holidays...

josiah goldfish likes this.
  6. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Wow. The original thread must have been crazy.

Ballin'bass and asands like this.
  7. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    that's what I'm saying. Sucks I'm late to the party.

TinIndian likes this.
  8. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    The take home lesson is when you're buying a present online, get your s#!* together and order it BEFORE the week of Christmas. There will be a lot less angst and you don't have to get on TB to post a "I got screwed by a company" thread.

9. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    And worse yet, think that you got screwed by one company when it really was the other companies fault...

10. RicKee

RicKee Inactive

Mar 27, 2015
    Also late too the party with all the running around. I must thank everyone, I read all five pages and have taken a few things from this thread!
    Don`t bitch on social media!:roflmao:
    Don`t order anything during the holidays............it can wait!:bassist:
    TB members are some ruthless MOFO`s.............and I mean that as a compliment!;)
    That being said Merry X-mass too all LOL:woot:

TinIndian and One Drop like this.
  11. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I get that. My point is if you sell a product under certain terms which you subsequently don't deliver upon, you should make a price adjustment for that customer you have disappointed b

12. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Yes, we got it.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  13. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    Wow. Life in the fast lane style privileged expectations are a sign of the times. On a relative scale, it was not so long ago that the idea of ordering across country and receiving goods within days, at Christmas time, was unthinkable.

Greg, apology accepted (forgive Fender, FedEx & keep the bass).
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

14. image.jpeg

15. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that?

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    I'm glad to hear you received your order. Merry holidays (or whatever).

16. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I honestly wonder how some people function efficiently in today's world, when a single day delay sends them both back to a retailer with moral outrage and to the Internet with righteous indignation. Maybe I'm not wound tight enough, but my BP would be through the roof.

Looking at my FB feed today, I saw a friend railing on CBS because his show was interrupted by a severe weather broadcast, and CBS didn't agree to his demands of free streaming access as compensation.

JMacBass65 likes this.
  17. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    "Next day shipping" means the "day AFTER the bass was shipped." It does not mean "order at 11:59pm, receive by 10am next day." I'm not sure if this was the case, but most people, these days, have a severe case of instant gratification and a false sense of entitlement.

18. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Why should Fender take a hit, they did EVERYTHING they were supposed to do? You could argue that FedEX did not however, but what you will find is that their guaranteed delivery only counts when they actually pick the package up. If they don't pick it up, how are they expected to deliver the next day? The beef here is 100% with FedEx, Fender presented the package to them for pickup and for reasons completely beyond the control of Fender, it did not happen. But, I understand that people just want to bash Fender for anything and everything, but if you do that expect to be jumped if you are wrong.

19. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Well, you see that is where part of the problem lies, there are some circumstances where this can happen. So, when people see it happen once, they expect it to happen every time, which of course goes to the point you make in your second sentence...

20. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2013
    MN
    crying dawsn.png

Fat Steve likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021