My Apologies To All Here

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Greg_S, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pork_Chop

Pork_Chop

May 11, 2012
    Boulder, CO USA
    So you sell products that you think are inferior? Talk about bad customer service.

2. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    I admit I was pissed off at Fender and wasted everyone's time here with my rant. I should have known better to respect everyone's time. It all ended well - the gift arrived on in time for Christmas, so I'm done.

I apologize and wish all a Happy Everything! Let's just move on, shall we?

3. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    Thread title is different on my device...what the heck is going on??

SirMjac28 and Oldschool94 like this.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    c81c0f8cad92ff9460139aa3e9160e4a.jpg

Bodeanly, JJR58, Poke and 9 others like this.
  5. slobake

slobake resident ... something

I like Charlie Brown too, but I like Linus better. :D

6. slobake

See post #50. I respect Greg_S for doing this.

7. nerkoids

nerkoids

Jan 3, 2014
    Montreal
    That was a great read.

8. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Come on, Greg! You know that no one does that on here, what were you thinking? :woot:

9. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Nice bass! Merry Christmas.

10. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    Felíz Navidád!!

11. slobake

Madigayam Pasco (I hope is spelled that correctly)

12. TIMD

TIMD

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston
    Having spent close to 20 years in logistics in just about every capacity imaginable the opinions and attitude of the op are the reason I have grown to hate Christmas.

S-Bigbottom and SirMjac28 like this.
  13. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I have no dog in this hunt but I am gonna go out on a limb and say I am with OP here.

When I was growing up, Fender was synonymous with poo. Period. The end. Awful quality and quality control. C to the R to the A to the P. Now granted I got over my aversion to Fenders recently and with style (I have about 30).

But more to the point Fender as a business concern has been flat city for years. So recently they changed things up and started going direct to consumer. Ok fine, many brands are doing it.

But once you do that you are no longer in the high tower, hiding behind your distributors and retailers. You have to deliver what you promise to every jamoke out there and you have to satisfy every one too because the happy ones tell 10 people and the angry ones tell 20.

So to the point if you are promising overnight shipping and that is what tips a consumer to buy direct from fender rather than go to a local GC for the same item, you better ship overnight. Especially at mother grabbing Christmas time.

If you don't it's on you and you better make it right cuz that is the gig you signed up for Mr. New direct to consumer manufacturer/retailer.

If you can't hack it, offer less, promise less, and deliver what you promise to deliver. It's simple.

And for those of you who said to the OP (and I paraphrase) "Fender will be fine without you," you are right. For now.

So since Fender wants to be a retailer (not a bad play, and frankly one I predicted years ago because of what a joke MI retail has become), they better have their act together. Because in a world of social media with retailers racing to the bottom in terms of return policies, etc, world travels fast and they will be held accountable.

Personally, I would be pissed off too if I was the OP. I have had more similar issues with big MI retailers than I care to mention, no naming names.

Like I said, I have no dog in this hunt and neither does anyone here but the OP. So ask yourselves how you would feel if this was you and you ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond and you were biting your nails for days wondering if your family's xmas presents were going to arrive in time for the 25th.

Fire away.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  14. stevensivak

stevensivak

Dec 24, 2014
    unfortunately the criticism is being levied at the wrong party FedEx caused the problem not fender and at this time of year everybody knows about shipping except the 0P

SirMjac28, mbelue and Gasman like this.
  15. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I had the same thing happen with a Brookstone order a few years ago. Fedex' fault. Gifts came after xmas. Brook stone refunded 100% of shipping charges to me.

Can't pass the buck on to your vendor. Doesn't work.

16. APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED. :MAD:

no seriously what's going on here

17. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Man.....this guys likes his drama!!!

18. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Yawn

SirMjac28 likes this.
  19. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    There are so many levels of trolling in this thread it makes my head hurt. Bottom line, everyone "won". Guy got his bass before x mas. Fender and fedex got their money. Strangers on the internet got to talk smack. Seems done to me.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021