1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAMM 2012 Megathread....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassflute, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    post it all here! I couldn't go again this year...:>(

Cheers,
    Cameron

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I won't be there either but would've loved to spend some time with the Baer Valkyrie and the new big Bassman. I need to go find a Streamliner to plug into somewhere too just to kill some curiosity there.

3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Interested to see if Carvin has any new bass amps in the pipeline. I'm digging my BX1500, would like to see a 800-900 watt head sometime.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Behringer has a new line of analog mixers that you can slide an iPad into. They include Klark Teknik FX.

First bass amp that lets you slide in an iPad or iPod is going to be a big winner, maybe by summer NAMM :)

B* also indicates their x32 digital mixers are going to be released. FCC compliance and all. This is a whole line of live digital gear.

They're going to have the "Boom" box at NAMM, they had it at CES.

5. Last year I couldn't find Bergatino or Alembic but maybe they weren't there at all. Gotta check a vendors list tonight.

6. They're now doing a vertical 2x10 version of their micro combos.

7. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Come on you guys.

Cheers,
    Cameron

8. jjk2007

jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA Bass Systems
    I couldn't snag a pass this year. :crying: Actually, I could have got a Sunday pass but that's the one day I couldn't make it over to Anaheim. But I hear ya, I would have been posting pics to TB at about every booth I stopped at!!

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Moog Minitaur. Ok, not an amp, but it's the one thing I will buy asap.

10. Voss451

Voss451

Mar 2, 2009
    Apparently, Tech 21 is putting out a 1,000 watt version of the VT Bass head.

11. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Sweetwater has it up on their NAMM report.... sounds very, very PROMISING.

Anyone had a chance to try it yet? I'll be there tomorrow and I'll see if I can play with one. I'm curious how small they'll make it since it doesn't look particularly tiny in the sweetwater thumbnail. But it does say Class D, so here's hoping it's a micro!

12. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    +1

13. New GK cab styling.

14. orange or ashdown do ok this year?

i seen pics of ashdowns bit compered to last year it didnt look as good.
    plus i wanna know if orange ever made a cab for there 5000 watt head they did last year

15. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Ashodowns new heads are the ABM 1000 and ABM 2000. Thats 2000 watts 4000 peak.

16. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
  17. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
  18. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Couldnt find anything on the GK cabinets

19. The new Radial tube DI looks cool . . . though it's priced close enough to the reddi. some big competition.
    [​IMG]

Although it's not bass related - I am :hyper:jaw dropped:hyper: over this little guy from Chandler Limited. I hope it's not priced through the roof - and if it is, if they'd let me take it to prison after I rob a bank to get it!!
    [​IMG]

20. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    At probably $2k street. I somehow doubt it. Which I am sure is why they are custom order. They probably don't ever expect to sell a lot of them. But it makes for good press and helps sell their other products. Looks like a cool amp.