1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Elrick Club Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Majestic, Mar 1, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    yeah, this is definitely a HOT looking elrick...sweet...i love the lacewood top (if, indeed, it's lacewood...looks kinda like it)...

2. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    No worries, mate. Every Elrick bass guitar ships with a free oversized 100% cotton bib! ;):D

M. M.

3. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    i just finished paying for my elrick. here are the specs:

Platinum single cut 4 string
    mahogany body
    full buckeye burl top
    matching headstock
    matching ramp
    birdseye maple fingerboard
    34" scale with extended range 26 frets
    black hardware
    Bartolini soapbar pickups
    THG wood knobs - buckeye burl tops

estimated time of arrival is June. hopefully for my birthday!!!

4. John Damstra

John Damstra

Feb 6, 2008
    Congratulations! Of course, the hard part is the wait... The THG knobs is a nice touch, be sure to post a picture.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sounds very cool. I didn't know 26 frets was an option- what's the upcharge for that? I wonder if he would keep the truss rod access on the body. BTW, a matching headstock has been standard on all of his basses forever now- I've only actually seen two that didn't have matching headstocks, and they were probably over 10 years old.

6. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    i don't think there was an upcharge for the extra frets, if there was i paid it, i wanted something unique that i had not seen on an elrick before. i had to pay the upcharge to drop it down to 34" scale, rob said 26 frets was not a problem on that scale. He didnt think his truss rods were long enough for 26 frets on a 35" scale.

so i guess this might be the first 26 fret he builds?

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Come to think of it, there was one NJS that's been on eBay a couple times that had 26 frets and Aero pickups. That's the only other one I can think of though. He's done 22 frets for Japan, but everything else is 24.

8. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Congrats on the new bass! I really dig the SC's, I haven't owned one of Rob's yet, but they are on my GAS list. That wait is killer, but you know it will be perfect when it arrives.

9. Yep, Rob told me that he does 22 frets, Vol/Vol, and a recessed bridge mount for the Japan models...I found that interesting.

10. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    my G.A.S. pains are acting up again.....someone post some new pics..... PLEASE.. i need to see more elricks.....must see more elricks......:hyper:

11. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    I wish I had an Elrick :bawl:

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you're in Japan, you can get one of these Elricks:
    img1_10944.
    img1_10945.

One of the Japanese 22-fret models:
    img1_13680.

13. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    are those models not available in the US? or are they just in japan right now?

boy are those pics beautiful!!! i really wanted matching pickup covers too but they were only available on the aero pickups and i didn't do my homework on those pickups so i just stuck with the bartolini's.

thanks for the pics they will do fine for the next day or so, until my G.A.S. pains start flaring up again!!!

14. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Those are all in the Kurosawa shops in Japan. You can buy them, but with the dollar being what it is, that wouldn't be wise :D The 22 fret option is suppsedly Japan-only as well.

15. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Are those all Aero pick-ups? Might I add that those look very tasty.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yup, Aeros. Rob won't do wooden pickup covers, but he'll use the Aeros with the wood tops. I never asked him why.

17. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    I know that Larry at Aero makes wooden covers for his pick-ups. Maybe thats why only the Aeros have them.

18. 55-02

55-02

Dec 18, 2006
    Washington D.C.
    My new e-volution 5 is in the mail..... can I have a number now?:bag:

elrick3.

elrick2.

19. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    New number issued! Very nice E-Volution you have there. When do expect it to arrive?

20. 55-02

55-02

Dec 18, 2006
    Washington D.C.
    Wensday next week........I hope it comes on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.