1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Fernandes Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WackoStu, Jan 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gee Man

Gee Man Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2016
    W. MA.
    rickbass1, I believe that yours is made in japan, as referenced by the gold lettering on the headstock. If you look through the old catalogues, you may even find this bass, as it is an obvious jaco replica.

rickbass1 likes this.
  2. rickbass1

rickbass1

May 29, 2014
    Australia
    Yes absolutely Jacoesque, beautiful low action and a great introduction for me to the fretless realm. I feel the quality is similar to MIJ Fender’s..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    Does anyone know if Fernandes ever made a 24 fret jazz bass? I seem to remember seeing a picture of one similar to the one in post #364 with 24 frets, but I haven't turned anything up in my searches.

rickbass1 likes this.
  4. rickbass1

rickbass1

May 29, 2014
    Australia
    There’s one on page 20 of this thread

5. Back To 65

Back To 65

Apr 14, 2019
    Hi Houta ! i've this one but i don't know anything about it… Don't you ? 2 Actives EMG. Thanks !

Attached Files:

Thundar likes this.
  6. ManuNoTweets

ManuNoTweets

Jan 5, 2016
    Here's my baby.
    It's rockin La Bella's 760fl's and a SPB-3 Quarter Pound pickup.
    I don't know it's origin though, it plays and feels way better than any Fender MIM that I've tried.
    Do you guys think it is Korean or Japanese? Did they ever produced P-basses in Korea?
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

Nocturnal likes this.
  7. I picked this ball of grime up yesterday:
    IMG_20190614_131954.jpg IMG_20190614_131958.jpg
    Here is the NBD post: NBD - Crusty Fernandes content

Im not sure of the model, year, or origin. The body is similar to the tremor but it is p/j and the rear strap button is in a different spot. The 1996 catalog has one with a similar body but different headstock:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.41.48 AM.png
    I went through all pages of this thread and did not see a similar one.

Any ideas?

rickbass1 likes this.
  8. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    That's a sweet bass! Really like the color.

9. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I picked up another 25th Anniversary a couple weeks ago. This new one is about a half pound heavier, has a chunkier neck, and slightly more aggressive tone.
    IMG_20190521_175102800.jpg

Rudyboy98, chadface and Thundar like this.
  10. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Does anyone have experience with the Monterey deluxe bass guitars? I love the style, but will likely never see one in person...

11. creaturegods

creaturegods

Sep 23, 2017
    Yo! I was just reading the other day that Fernandes made a Devo signature model based off of the "Spudbass," which was a modified Gibson Ripper. I tried to do a little digging online and couldn't find any information on them. Is anyone familiar with these?

12. Birdbrain

Birdbrain Supporting Member

My Fernandes Mockingbird...LOVE it! 20190407_163624 (2).jpg

chadface and Nocturnal like this.
  13. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Here's my Fernandes Project Jazz. Reckon it's mid '90s. VV and bass/treble boosts. Very '90s active circuit. Has trim pots but as I've only had it a short while I haven't got around to tweaking it. It'll probably get a John East Uni-Pre at some point.

20191118_171309.jpg

14. Rudyboy98

Rudyboy98

Jan 25, 2008
    South Bay, CA
    Looks very nice. Cheers and hope your mods prove successful.

15. Kawai2g4b

Kawai2g4b

Oct 7, 2018
    Well, after looking through these pages, I guess my bass will fit in the insanely rare category of Fernandes basses. I have an MHB-110 Master Hand bass. It’s like an Alembic built into a P-bass shape. It is very close in character and tone to an Alembic, but I’m not willing to spend the extra G’s needed to get into that stratosphere.

And I have an Atlas 5 Deluxe on the way too. Been hoping to stumble upon one after trying and becoming impressed with an Atlas 4X at a store a while back. 4A9F0E71-A748-4373-814C-B157D6E5C6C1.jpeg 324D0118-08E8-4CF1-92AF-98781088E682.jpeg

16. ElBecko59

ElBecko59

Aug 30, 2019
    my late 90s Fernandes LEB-2 Jazz bass (made in Taiwan-R.O.C.) , Got it already modded w/Hipshot KickAss bridge + upgraded '62 jazz bass style concentric knob control plate + flatwounds - Weighs alot but plays and sounds fantastic with lots of sustain , Had an all original similar LE-B2N in ocean torqioise with the fernandes BASS 1.jpg fernandes bass 3.jpg standard bridge and I can tell you this bridge transforms the bass with great sustain

Kawai2g4b, feschyn and Nocturnal like this.
  17. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Still rocking this Fernandes when I feel like playing 6.

IMG_4613.JPG

ElBecko59, Nocturnal and Zooberwerx like this.
  18. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
    I have had this bass since '85. Anybody know what model this would be?

Fernandes Bass.JPG

Edit: changed year.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    feschyn and Nocturnal like this.
  19. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    That's quite a gnarly 'finish treatment' on that bass! Yours is very similar to the FWB-65 but the 3+1 headstock is dumb-looking - your 2x2 is a much nicer design. Are you going to re-fin?

20. I wanted to do a gun stock oil finish but the carving in it is too deep. If I keep sanding I'll end up with a piece of paper. I'm still deciding how much effort I want to put in it, I may just spray it with primer and play the dang thing...

JIO likes this.