1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PAYPAL SCAM HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by QPumaLocoQ, May 25, 2011.

1. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I haven't been on these forum very much (I'm Dutch, so I check out the Dutch forum more often), but I still wanted to warn you for the following:
    About 2 weeks ago I sold my Lakland 44-01 with ChiSonics to a man in New Jersey.
    He was talking about using paypal, so it seemed safe. Also his English was OK and he would pay me 820 Euro's including shipment costs.
    A day later 'PayPal' e-mailed me that I received the 820 Euro's, but I wouldn't be able to use it untill I gave them the Track & Trace code from the shipment.
    This sounded quite logical to me, so I send the bass to New Yersey and gave 'PayPal' the code.
    A week later I got another e-mail from Aaron Martinez (the scammer) via 'PayPal', which you can see under this text (Don't mind the 'Robbert' he is my friend who helped me with PayPal, my name is Cas).
    Remarkable was how his English turned from normal to bad.
    Also he said 'The Lakland' or 'the bass' in his other mails, this time it was 'the goods'.

Next I got this mail from 'PayPal'
    Here they're talking about WESTERN UNION, which is used by most scammers. Something was VERY wrong.
    And last but not least:
    That's just ******** (excuse me). What all started with normal e-mails in normal English, ended with this.

Robbert noticed that all the 'PayPal' mails came from the adress; service@paypal.com., usually this should be service@paypal.com (Notice that there's no dot behind the real PayPal adress: it should be just .com instead of .com. ). Several site's told us that this is done in many scam's.

I probably lost my bass, which means I lost my money
    I've been busy all day trying to get the package back or the money, nothing seems to work.

I've called TNT, USPS, Summit's Post Office, Summit's Police Office...
    If there's anyone on this forum who can help me, please!!:crying:

2. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    if it hasn't been delivered you should be able to ask them to intercept it

3. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    I know, I did. But nobody will help me.. I called TNT three times and USPS told me I had to call TNT.:meh:
    I'll try again tomorrow.

4. It sounds like the real Paypal was not used at all. Paypal does not have spelling errors in their replies...

5. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    Yes that's true, that's why I said 'PayPal' with the '..'.
    Wasn't very clear maybe, sorry.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    You need to contact the Police. You've been robbed. :(

Edit: I just noticed you did. Sorry about that and about the bass. A=holes abound.

7. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Sad story.

Whenever, I'm contacted about a problem from Paypal, or another online company and think it might be legit, I close the window (and email). Then, I enter Paypal.com in the (web) window to enter their site, normally.

I've never had a valid problem. The emails that I've received never have been legit. So, I'm very suspicious of potential bogus emails, and the people that may be behind them.

8. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    Yeah I contacted the police in Summit (where the bass is going), but they where very rude and wouldn't help me.
    I haven't contacted the Dutch police yet, I've been very busy with other things to get the money or bass. I guess I'll do that tomorrow too.

9. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    and ufortunately, in my experience, the USPS is of no help at all. and especially with overseas shipments.

10. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    I noticed.. Everyone just keeps saying: 'yeah you should call these guys, they'll help you!'. 2 seconds later you've already called about 10 people and haven't gotten to anything yet.:meh:
    Oh by the way, this is his e-mail and name, don't trust him!!:scowl:

Aaron Martinez (martinezlight102@gmail.com)

11. vstring3

vstring3

Oct 30, 2009
    Connecticut
    Oh, here's a surprise. :rollno: They were probably too busy arresting innocent grandmothers and tazing 9 year old school children.

12. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    Damn, you guys are living in one crazy country!:p;)

13. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    Oh is there maybe someone on the forum who lives in Summit and may be able to help me in some way?

14. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I didn't realize Summit NJ is now a town in Nigeria. Thanks for
    the heads up.

15. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Q's - The service@paypal.com. address - if you over over it, is it the same address or something different like whatascammer.paypalservice@yahoo.com ?!

Headers in the email from paypal?

Also, did you request the paypal payment or how was that made? What is reflected in your paypal account?

16. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm sorry I don't exactly understand your first question. Do you mean it's like a mirror from another mail?

The 2nd question: I'm not sure actually, I'd have to ask my friend Robbert.

17. omnimutant

omnimutant

Dec 14, 2009
    Phoenix
    Check your actual PayPal account, and see if the funds are there. If not contact the real PayPal and tell them whats going on and how they can assist you in resolving the scam properly.

Never click on an email through PayPal, it's probably a scam email. Always go to the PayPal webpage itself log in properly, and then check whats going on within your account. In fact I ignore all PayPal emails and always use the site directly. There's just too many PayPal scammers out there to know whats real or not via email.

18. QPumaLocoQ

QPumaLocoQ Guest

Jan 3, 2009
    Alright thank you very much, I'll do that!
    I'm going to bed now, it's pretty late over here.;)

19. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Wait--did you accept the money or see it move in your Paypal account then credit to your bank account?