1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your Studio! <Talkbass Edition! v.01>

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by mz91, Aug 25, 2005.

1. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Just put this together, small and basic but its awesome and does what I need it to...having a blast with it!
    IMG_0401.

2. NealBass

NealBass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario
    Updated.

IMG_2103 (2).
    IMG_2105 (2).
    IMG_2108 (2).
    IMG_2109 (2).

gscroggin and Bonafide like this.
  3. ScrewDevil

ScrewDevil Guest

Feb 18, 2018
    20171116_180731. 20171117_113404. 20171217_221059. 20171217_221120. it's a bit spread out and we have lots of instruments. Many more than are pictured. Lol

Bonafide and NealBass like this.
  4. ScrewDevil

ScrewDevil Guest

Feb 18, 2018
    I admit, we're kinda old school around here. Lol

Iofflight likes this.
  5. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I've been working on getting my studio where I really want it and feel I'm close (I started this process in 2009). I do want to get a bit of wall treatment as I have some serious frequency build up next to the door. And I'm looking at getting a different desk. There are a few other synths I'd like to get and as well as a fretless build from maruszczyk that will get me close to the fretless Wal sound I've always loved. IMG_4061.JPG IMG_3964.JPG IMG_3965.JPG

6. ^ Pretty cool synth collection!

Bonafide and Iofflight like this.
  7. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

Apr 15, 2013
    a lot of your stuff is bent

8. Iofflight

Jan 21, 2018
    The room is 9x12 and there is no way to stand far enough back to get the whole thing in one shot.. so it's 180 on the panoramic. Most shots are disturbingly warped.

9. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Thanks for the reply....just checked in on this thread now...a year later!

10. received_1789364357756763. Screenshot_20180325-120013_Video Player. 20180220_192134.

The video is my studio at work. I have better headphones now. Our rehearsal studio (my living room). Our recording studio (my bedroom). Track vocals at our friend's studio (his bedroom).

Screenshot_20180325-122329_YouTube.
    This was my studio. About 8 years ago, or so. That was fun. It was 100% McGuyver production. Good times, bad quality

But, here's what we got straight off the board (without final touches or re-mix/mastering)
    Nothing but a focusrite done on reaper

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    gscroggin likes this.
  11. ^ Pretty badass. Watching Enchanted and all :p

Jewce likes this.
  12. Hahahahaha, how'd you notice that one? Yeah, we play death metal, so we just keep it running during practice to set the atmosphere.

Alfonso Alba likes this.
  13. Hehe. Hilarious. But seriously, pretty cool drum kit :)

I wish I could use my living room as rehearsal space but the wife would not have it. Had to build a small room in the backyard.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  14. Yeah, my wife hates it, but my kids love it. So, I just tell her to leave for a couple hours. My little ones mosh around with us, and my wife get's "her" time. Win win win

15. Wow, you really like that bass don't you?

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    It's not much as I'm still trying to develop it, and need to do some acoustic treatment, but so far I have:

Ampeg SCR-DI
    Digitech BP355
    M-Audio M-Track Plus
    KRK Rokit 5's
    Sonar Professional
    Cakewalk by Bandlab
    Pro Tools
    Not pictured is a crappy old Peavey TKO 80 that never gets used.

[​IMG]

17. Just shifted house and so the studio has been updated. Much nicer room, the back is curved, which really makes the monitoring experience so much better. Also more space, with a nice little nook for the drum kit. Can't wait to get down to recording when all the churn is over. A bit messy right now, I need to get a few storage spaces.

JB0ZkqJ.

XCLsmTv.

Bonafide and cassanova like this.
  18. Teijo K.

Teijo K. Commercial User

Sep 8, 2014
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Endorsing Artist: CCP
    DSC02034.JPG
    Update.
    Mixing corner of my 20m2 rehearsal room/studio. Nice enough pc with Reaper as a DAW, healthy collection of plugins, Midas MR 18 mixer/sound card and Monkey Banana Turbo 5 monitors with the 10 inch subwoofer.

Now all I need is more microphones.

Bonafide likes this.
  19. Bonafide

Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Endorsing Artist: Carr Amps, FTT, Custom Tones, BIAB, Nick Silver, Many others...
    Too many guitars to post here, but a few shots of the man-cave/work place... I have been fortunate to make a living playing both bass and guitar (Most often studio work). My guitar collection is far greater than bass, but my fundamentals are covered! Honestly P-Bass with TI flats get MOST of the work but I don't tell folks that. Here's a few I have been playing as of late. (And the classic Yamaha PB-1 is still a must-have favorite!) I am firm believer in high-end, well made but basic. Cheers ya'll RG

rg_studio1.
    rg_studio2.
    rg_studio3.
    rg_studio4.
    rg_studio5.
    rg_studio6.

20. Iofflight

Jan 21, 2018
    Nice! what monitors are you using?

Bonafide likes this.