1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your Studio! <Talkbass Edition! v.01>

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by mz91, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Does the Behrinhger play nicely with the iPad? What DAW do you use on the iPad ?

2. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

Busily working on a design for my workstaiton / desk for the office / studio remodel.

One of the biggest issues I think we are going to have is the big window in the middle of the exterior wall. Noise from the studio would get to the neighbors house, and likewise, my neighbors college aged kids tend to get noisy which can mess up recording... I am figuring on some of those acoustic foam blocks wedged into the window to reduce sound transfer / act as a baffle...

3. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    Works great! Doesn’t even need a powered hub, tho I do use the usb<>lightning<>passthru adapter to keep the battery charged.

Arturia and GarageBand

Microbass likes this.
  4. cornfarmer

cornfarmer jam econo

May 14, 2002
    a collage of sorts - MORE INFO IN MY SIG :cigar::cigar::cigar:

[​IMG]

gscroggin likes this.
  5. my own setup at home is pretty ghetto but this is the setup that we’re using to record demos at rehearsal for the new band I’m in. We’re all spaced pretty far apart here in NC so being able to record has been essential so when we are together at rehearsal we aren’t wasting a ton of time catching up on songs we wrote the previous rehearsals. We’re still learning but it’s sounding very good imo. Might even end up recording the album ourselves and then send it off to be mixed and mastered.
    5BA524AE-1D61-4113-B3BC-99D40F8EEDD6.
    Drums are fully mic’d up.
    182A4F60-E7E8-482D-A204-9C5A3CCBF8F9.
    Microphones on the guitar rigs and running xlr out of my Mesa D-800.

gscroggin, The Owl and Kro like this.
  6. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

FWIW, the Studio remodel is in progress finally. Everything is pulled out, I have been concentrating on the drywall, and electrical to support the function of the space. At this point I am ready to texture the wall repairs, and start laying the paint down.

The paint is going to be, and I kid you not, "green screen green". As in I took the muslin green screen from my LimoStudio green screen setup to Home Depot to color match, and I am going to lay down the paint soonest possible.

The layout is more or less the same as we showed above, I am swapping a few positions from what I have illustrated here before, but the changes from my old diagrams.

#1. Using full cleat / hanger system for guitar hangers.
    #2. Integrating RGBW LED strips on the tops of the guitar hanger cleats such that the cleats conceal the light strips, but allow the light to fire up to the ceiling along the wall... This will be controlled via a Fibaro controller and SmartThings from my phone.
    #3. The big window in the outside wall will be covered by as close as possible to the same color green foam acoustic wall tile thingies. This is the help keep my noise in the room, and the neighbors noise OUT of the room...

The plan here is to be able to have 4 in the room at the same time. 1 guitar, 1 drums, 1 bass, 1 keys. We have laid it out and tested already, it works, we won't be running amok, but we WILL be able to do it...

What I don't have figured out is how I am going to integrate my lights, if I am at all, into the studio. I am thinking of attaching them behind the long hangers and firing the light downward to light up the basses and guitars, and maybe put one or two behind the drum throne...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  7. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

41A3DD7B-30C2-48CC-B683-22A11DEABE9A. It's not exactly my studio, but I get hired to play bass on artists' recordings here all the time. Probably one of my favorite places to make music.

bassjamn and gscroggin like this.
  8. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Did not see your reply, thanks for the tip on the leds, i bought em months ago and will follow your advice hopefully next couple weeks.

9. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    yeah if you put them upside down like I did you really want to use some very good tape to keep it there.

10. Office flotsam:

upload_2019-7-17_19-40-41.