Seattle Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by king_xanadu, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I'm in Des Moines, have been for 16yrs, in and around Seattle since 1961
    Count me in!

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing.

We've been getting hammered by snow down here in the Gorge. I borrowed my wife's AWD Subie to get to one mixing gig, but my 2WD van has been idle for a week now. The one playing gig I had on my calendar this week was canceled, but we are getting a makeup date at the winery's in-town location instead, which is a bonus anyway.

I did two stints living and playing in the Seattle area: '84-'early86, then '87-'88. My main band was The Raging Maggots, a hippie jam band with horns and an ever changing cast of characters. We played the Backstage, Parker's, The Rainbow, Blue Moon, etc. I also played with the precursor to Kuli Loach, who are still gigging up there.

I still get up to Seattle at least a few times a year, and I'd love to see some more of you guys play. I caught Lokire in Reefer Madness a while back -- what a blast!:bassist:

3. Combinator

Combinator

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Bartolini, Genzler Amplification, GHS, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance
    Yo!
    I'm in Beacon Hill.

4. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Yeah Subaru's are the only things on the road around here right now...

We've been playing places like the Paragon and Twisted Cork (Bellevue) lately. We were set to do NYE at the Bellevue Club, but that was one of the cancelled gigs.

5. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Oh man. Having a cancelled NYE gig...bad news bro.

6. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Yeah....they're still paying us half though, so it's not all bad.

7. Man, at this point my subaru's not even helping. No point having AWD when all the wheels are slipping.

We've got around 1'5" here on Whidbey by the way.

8. TeleTubby

TeleTubby Guest

Jan 6, 2006
    Lynden, WA
    We've had about 12-15" up here, so I guess we've been lucky, huh? Also had 40-65 mph winds to keep it moving except right in front of my house, where the drift is ~4' deep.:-( Based on previous experiences, I had already moved the car to a safer locale and it's not too bad driving around- here's hoping the storm finds it's end soon, and happy holidays to all the Seattle lowenders!!!

9. pinchdawg

pinchdawg I'm the kling klang king of the rim ram room

Feb 1, 2006
    wa.
    Hey all SBC'rs,

What is the deal, Its still snowing. At this point I am officially snowed in. It would probably take me 4 hours to dig out my garage door and then the roads out here are under two feet of snow. Oh well, I guess its a good time to practice. :meh:

Bored, Jim

10. OldGregg

OldGregg Guest

Nov 18, 2008
    Reppin Kirkland

11. Alaska Bass

Alaska Bass

Dec 31, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I lived in Sequim as a child. Most of my family is in the Everett/Marysville and Whidbey Island. One day I hope to move back to downtown Seattle. :hyper:

12. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA

Gold Bar = Longest Traffic Jams Anywhere.

I won't even bother driving 2 anymore.

Snow? Yeah a bit too much on Finn Hill.

Around 20 inches or so. I'm struggling through it with an AWD Honda CRV with studded snow tires.:eyebrow:

I love snow until it gets wet and sloppy like today.:mad:

I still made it into work today.:(

Happy New Year to the other Seattle area bassists!

13. I'm from the Seattle Area, count me in.

14. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Just got a short email from a Seattle bass homie that The Dutchman rehearsal studio burned down. Gotta find out more. Lots of good times down there : {

15. so, i live in portland, but my band has been in tacoma for the last few years and we play mainly in seattle/tacoma/olympia. i also lived in seattle about, uh (gasp!) 10 years ago. it's a strech, but i'm in if you'll have me.

16. guess that's a "no", huh? oh well, i live in portland for a reason.

17. LP75

LP75 Guest

Aug 29, 2006
    Seattle
    And I play bass in Kuli Loach!
    It was cool meeting you at the Seattle meet last year.

I've been in the area since 1986, live on the Eastside, but Loach Central is in Ballard - which is one of Seattle's funkiest neighborhoods, and I'm at practice there every week.

18. four2oh

four2oh Guest

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Anyone planning on hitting the slopes up at Stevens Pass this weekend should stop by one of my two gigs!

Friday 1/30 - SHUTTLE @ The Whistling Post Tavern, Skykomish, WA
    (10-piece jam band that will take you into orbit)
    i'll be bringing the gigantic pedalboard and the 1981 Ibanez Musician AJ-10 (the "half fretless" Alphonso Johnson model) for this gig.

21+ / 9pm til last call

Saturday 1/31 - SPARE RIB & THE BLUEGRASS SAUCE @ The Foggy Goggle Bar, Stevens Pass Winter Resort, Hwy 2 Summit, WA
    I'll be using the electric two-string washtub bass and Gold Tone Bass Banjo for this gig.

21+ / 6pm-10pm

And for the cityfolk:

Saturday 2/7 - SPARE RIB & THE BLUEGRASS SAUCE @ Slim's Last Chance Tavern and Chilli House, Seattle (Georgetown/SoDo), WA

21+ / 9pm

19. Mr Matt

Mr Matt Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Washington State
    Anybody know of a good inexpensive amp tech in the North End?

East side is fine as well, west Seattle is just too far though.

Let me know!

20. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I remember taking my amp to a place in Bellevue - kind of by Lull's shop.