1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. jblock

jblock Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    One of the things I find most interesting about this thread is how people mount their pedals. I'm one of those who just has to mount them in the standard direction; i.e., I can't have them sideways. I'm going to try to get over this because it would allow me to fit the Cali76, Boss MS-3 and Darkglass AO Ultra on a Nano+ board, with the Darkglass sideways at one end.

wouter12, Btbp, scottm and 1 other person like this.
  2. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Just do it. You’ll get used to it!

loopee and jblock like this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I recently did a board reset (on a large board, not a "compact" one by the standards of this thread) where some sideways pedals might have helped but I just couldn't bring myself to do it...

jblock likes this.
  4. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Murrieta, California
    Have we really ever determined what compact actually means for this thread?

I’m not running a nano sized board, but I’m also not using a large one by my standards. I started with a 7x18, but moved up to a 13x18 within a short time span, which has handled my needs quite well because the pedals I use aren’t exactly small. It also limits me far less when I want to change something.

5. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I’ve thought about putting together this exact board many times...

el murdoque and Slaymus like this.
  6. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    22560BD0-CEBF-40C2-8549-3200A3D6BD78.

Current version of mine...

7. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Ha! I have another pedalboard that was setup similarly to this, minus the FMeron. Great minds think alike?

BrentSimons likes this.
  8. sonofshel

sonofshel Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    3B222EEA-3BA9-4201-AF3F-0222870189F4. Gonna use this setup for the next 4 nights. Got 5 gigs with 3 different bands and it’ll be a nice variety of jams to check some of these pedals out with. Just now put the Ichteneo, HPF/LPF and Studio Bass back on the board to see how they play with the tube pedals. Replaced the Linden and DSNOCS for the moment

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. cdwthunderfoot

cdwthunderfoot

Nov 29, 2015
    Kenosha Wi
    None more black nano.

murderedoutnano.

10. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    The "Pedal Breeders Big Board Club" has no concrete rules, just a "state of mind." I assume this thread should have a similar ethic.

Sincerely, a guy who hasn't had a "compact" board in years.

11. Btbp

Btbp

Mar 2, 2008
    Everywhere at once
    Same here, my OCD won't allow sideways mounting. And I'm ok with that.

wouter12, jblock, bassegg and 4 others like this.
  12. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    That is one heck of an Ass Filter

wouter12, Dbass35, BartmanPDX and 2 others like this.
  13. 7FE14B8D-AB7A-4801-80A7-028CD9B46E07. 65E3F66A-1611-4EF1-8907-79A12A35D93F. Love the tones i get out of this setup!

14. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    current mini board

Attached Files:

15. XXL

XXL Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    F8D02A27-9DC4-44EE-88A6-96369766D18D.

I have a Silver Deluxe coming to make it more compact.

Nunovsky, Dbass35, extreme and 9 others like this.
  16. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    I'd like to understand this more. I am OCD-ish...but I would never use the word "suffer" to describe any of my OCD tendencies as I never experienced it holding me back from something I wanted to do. It would slow me down a little, but never as a block. My ticks have been subtle and have changed over the years...I used to (but at some point I stopped doing this) count a lot when I would take napkins or something like that for example.

So what do you feel? Is it that when you turn a pedal sideways you will have an undying urge to put it straight every time you look at it...and that's all your mind can fixate on or is it physical? I smoked cigarettes a LONG time ago and every now and again when the weather gets nice and I smell a cigarette (especially if I am sipping coffee) I will get a really warm feeling inside and a SUPER strong craving for a smoke. I don't do anything about it, and usually within a minute or 2 the warmness inside and craving goes away and I'm almost surprised at myself that I had such a strong urge because once it is gone the thought of having a smoke is a big turn off.

What's it like? If you were to put the pedal side-ways...it would distract you when you try to play or would there be some physical discomfort? Would you not be able to play? I just want to understand it more since I'm in the camp of "turn it and you'll get used to it" but I know it isn't always so simple.

17. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want unfiltered ass.

OTOH, filtered ass doesn't sound very appealing either. :meh:

18. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    In short, I just wouldn't be happy with it. I've tried it before, and didn't like it. It's not physical pain; rather, to co-opt a trendy phrase, it does not spark joy. "Compulsion" might be accurate if a bit strong.

I do have fairly serious germaphobia and have a lot of routines/tics related to that, e.g., there is a list of things where I take extreme measures to avoid touching them altogether and if I have to touch them or accidentally touch them I have to wash my hands ASAP. So I joke about other areas of OCD like preferring things to be straight, etc., by lumping them together with my gemaphobia even though I have not been clinically diagnosed with anything.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    jblock and cosmicevan like this.
  19. Hi there,
    Did you reshouse the pedals or is that something new that Ryan is doing? @rratajski . Too cool! :) Great looking board man!
    Best wishes,
    Brent

cdwthunderfoot likes this.
  20. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    We've always offered smaller enclosures as custom orders since we began. These are new, custom builds.

cdwthunderfoot likes this.