1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    MTN.bass72 likes this.
  2. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I mount my Cioks DC7 underneath my board with Dual Lock. Seems a little stronger and thinner to me.

For flat cables I actually use the Warwick rock cables. They do the job

cosmicevan likes this.
  3. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    krdp_nsk likes this.
  4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
  5. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
  6. krdp_nsk likes this.
  7. hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Ya. But, a Hosa 6" pancake cable MSRP is like $8.50. A EBS flat patch cable is anywhere $6-$12 on Amazon.

Canare GS-4 is like $.50 a foot. If you are already set up to make your own (solder iron, etc), these are about right in line with other patch cables... and maybe better quality, repairable, customizable, and smaller than pancake connectors.

Of course there are cheaper options out there that work just fine, but some would argue about quality, and for some size and look is a big part of the pedal board thing.

I'm not associated with these Squareplug connectors in any way, BTW. Just sharing.

EDIT: pretty sure user @BurningSkies used these for his board (maybe?). If anyone is interested he might be a resource to reach out to.

8. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    The EBS Flat Patch Gold cables are a painful price but they are truly the best space savers out there.

Mr. Majestic and MTN.bass72 like this.
  9. bobomatic

bobomatic

Jan 15, 2018
    Just the essentials. Tuner, comp, filth, pre/DI. All on a board it took me a half hour to make out of an old shoe rack for a grand total of... absolutely nothing!

CEBADBDC-3BA3-4E93-925A-C39325938901.

Pulverizor, jblock, krdp_nsk and 6 others like this.
  10. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Missing settings for the tuner.

BrentSimons and bobomatic like this.
  11. bobomatic

bobomatic

Jan 15, 2018
    Usually wrong.

BrentSimons and Robertron like this.
  12. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Lmao well done and great board!

BrentSimons and bobomatic like this.
  13. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    FA6FC750-FDD8-4EC1-8178-33126474CE8D.

Nunovsky, krdp_nsk, Jephmo and 7 others like this.
  14. I just have an real aversion to soldering cables after so many many many many I did working for Showco, sound installs, studio installs, theater installs, my own cables AAAaaaaaa. Never ever again. Sorry did I say that out typo.

hennessybass likes this.
  15. hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I feel that. I used to be an “AV guy” and did my fair share. I’ve done a lot of my own, and fixed more than my share for friends.

Last board I put together I went with a 6 pack of “worlds best cable” on Amazon.
    Good price, mogomi cable, and gold pancake connectors.
    They work great, no noise, no failures , and solder joints looked nice and clean... because of course I opened one up to check it out.

16. bassegg

bassegg

Oct 17, 2018
    fullsizeoutput_71. fullsizeoutput_77.

Here's my fully battery-powered board. The front 4 pedals run off the Rockboard Power LT. The B3 runs off a USB Powerbank (mounted under the board). To keep it tidy I purchased an angled USB cable. The board is an X-Vive F2 which is slightly smaller than PT Classic Jr. I love the convenience of battery power and being able to practice anywhere with the B3 headphone out.

Nunovsky, ELynx, krdp_nsk and 6 others like this.
  17. tflk

tflk Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Seattle
    Last rehearsal today - London Bridge Studios on Friday with this ..

board j17.

Nunovsky, extreme, jblock and 8 others like this.
  18. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I have those and I have to say they're really difficult to work with.
    I've had issues using them on my RV-500, 3Leaf Groove Regulator, Source Audio Aftershock and the old Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter, and they even been tight with my ZVEX and MXR pedals where the power input is right next to a 1/4" input.
    While they are flat the jacks are very wide and the part of the casing where the screws are adds bulk and makes them even more difficult to work with than they need to be.
    If you have any pedals with effects loops or stereo jacks avoid these cables.
    However Hosa themselves make another cable with very slim, low profile jacks.

Hosa CFP-000 Series Flat Right Angle Guitar Patch Cable

These seem to be the same width as the EBS Flat Patch cables but are much cheaper.

Donner also make a very flat and slim patch cable and they are the ones I ended up with on my board. They're very close to the Rockboard flat patch cables with the slim rectangular jacks. I've had them for two weeks and can vouch for how much space they save and how easy they are to work with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HC5XV1X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4pPkDbJDM28XH

Each of these options are actually more low-profile than the Hosa IRG "pancake" jacks. Those are just so bulky for no reason.

Here's one last suggestion for space saving. I was considering these but ended up with the Donner cables for no particular reason.

https://www.amazon.com/MAKA-Profile-Effects-Right-Angle-Version/dp/B07JFQB4LP

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 9:37 PM
  19. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Really appreciate your info :) You saved me (and no doubt future others contemplating these) from going thru the same hassles. TB is awesome, thanks again :thumbsup:

I just ordered the same Donners via a store in NC, using eBay.

On a separate note, I also just had to order the $14.95 mounting kit for my VoodooPP2+ to affix underneath my Pedaltrain Classic2. At first I used the checkout on the Voodoo Labs website, but saw that they tacked on 5 for shipping. My wallet told me to see what happens if I order it (for the same price) on the PT site ... Free shipping there :) *ding*ding* We have a winner

Robertron likes this.
  20. The ZOOM is back. The hum is just the electricity in my drummer's basement. We rearranged things last week and I heard hum from everyone's amps. Nothing I can do and the ZOOM's noise suppressor actually works. So here we go again!

bassbrad, Das Jugghead and krdp_nsk like this.