1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    this is the truth ^

emjazz likes this.
  2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I get this...I’m a Darkglass artist and I only use it with the drive all the way down. Even with the B3K all the way down it just gives a little bit of push that I want and that is all I want.

BrentSimons, Wfrance3 and jebmd like this.
  3. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I'm doing the sacrilege of using a B7K Ultra as a cleanish tone and the distortion kicks in a more vintage tone. Probably not the designed intent.

4. dwagner

dwagner Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
    I talk to one of Bethel Music’s bass players every so often and he got me into contact with one of their mastering engineers that mods pedals on the side

chupacerveza and Wfrance3 like this.
  5. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    If that works for you that is awesome...I prefer a clean tone %90 of the time.

Kijuer likes this.
  6. Unfortunately, I haven't CabZone X because I haven't free money.

Yes, there is a cab simulator in Olympic MkIII, but only two options can be used, and in CabZone X there are much more options, and its dimensions are small.

Now I use that ↓
    Show me your compact pedalboard setup

MascisMan likes this.
  7. My wife does that, too. Clean a good 90%+ of the time, and her DGVD is set pretty "gentle". The blend knob is at 10 o' clock or so...That's enough for the need.

TonyP- likes this.
  8. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    If you like RATs, keep your eyes open for Volt Thrower. Outstanding bass intended RAT with the added versatility of the clipping options and a great eq section.

MascisMan likes this.
  9. RexxRokket

RexxRokket

Apr 23, 2012
    Hellnezuela
    In that case, the Harmonic Booster may be the way to go.

TonyP- likes this.
  10. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Thats a great pedal, but it sounds a little different then the B3K with the drive down.

11. Harmonic Booster is a clean pedal. B3K and all the others have a tiny bit of drive even at minimum.

TonyP- likes this.
  12. MD-BassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    My dream is a B7K type of pedal, but the drive is more of a saturation / warmth than Drive.

13. SidNitzerglobin

SidNitzerglobin

Feb 12, 2019
    fROMOHIO
    I'd characterize the Vintage Deluxe I replaced my B7K w/ as potentially fitting that bill.

14. MD-BassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    I tried the Vintage, but oddly enough, preferred the B7K.

SidNitzerglobin likes this.
  15. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    You are correct...Even with the drive off there is a touch of hair...

16. sifi2112

sifi2112

Feb 5, 2009
    BCB6BE0D-F337-4056-816C-B79229B9284B.jpeg D8BBC3C1-2719-41CF-9DA5-311D3521D3E1.jpeg

17. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
  18. :thumbsup:

19. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    sifi2112, RexxRokket, Kijuer and 3 others like this.
  20. Meh, there's still room for one more Hotone, or 1590LB pedal.

Pulverizor likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021