1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show us your Road Worn Fender Basses...!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Theo-cantor-, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    You mean it was sporting a GC setup and didn't rock?

How surprising! Sorry to be sarcastic, but I have never played a well-setup bass at GC. Never, except when I took my '55 in to GC to try some MarkBass gear.

I find it hard to judge any bass in such an environment (or any bass gear). :D

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw

The RW J I tried was also in need of a setup and it was in a local mom and pop shop not a GC so it wasn't just the "GC setup" phenomenon.

3. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Don't know who set it up but as stated it(the P bass) played GREAT just sounded like crap to me. It just didn't have IT to my ears.

As per my post the Jazz sounded great but was poorly set up. I don't judge a bass by setup or fret sprout, but I'd take a nice Level,Dress,and Polish on my frets before I'd take a sanded down finish and dinged up the body. Just sayn.

As for the enviornment, Tuesday afternoon with the bass room all to myself, no wankiing guitar players and the overhead music surprisingly low.

Glad these basses are doing it for some people but I'll pass.

4. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    OK. I stand corrected.

I just don't just an entire line of basses by one instrument.

5. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Something's always rubbed me the wrong way about the road worn series.. I saw them at GC a while back, and I dunno.. Something just LOOKS fake about them to me. And beyond that, something also just doesn't sit right with me about paying extra money to pretend to have worn your instrument down through use.

6. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    How many of the basses have you played?

7. Say Aurin,

Are there any RW's in Ireland????
    They are sold out overhere and a friend a mine at Fender Europe says it will be june or later.
    They just cannot keep up with backorders.........!!!:)

Cheers,

Theo

8. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Still no RWs here in Oxford... just as well given my situation!

9. Again, this is show your road worn basses and not I'm a snob uber experienced bassist that thinks other bassists are wuss because they like the road worn finish.

10. OK............????

DSC_1273_resize.

:hyper:

DSC_1281_resize.

CS v. RW Wich one is the RW????

11. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I love the bridge cover indentation on that RW, it's the only one I've seen with one.

12. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

The one I played had the same indentation.

13. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    The RW P I played had the bridge cover indentation too.

14. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Mine doesn't, which adds some weight to the they're not all the same argument.

15. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    The real one is on the left (3 tone).

16. :confused:

:)

17. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    How about a picture?

18. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    i looked at this thread hoping to see pics and there are only about 4 or 5 fender road worns in here!

19. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Well, they're so much alike that if you've seen one...

:)