1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something Clicked!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimo, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    I got a new Eminence 3015 in the original box. When I moved it around last night, I heard a "click" sound....does anything supposed to click or shuffle around when you move them???

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That sounds weird does it happen every time you move it?

3. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    you heard a click from inside the box? or you were moving the speaker around and heard a click from it? either way, weird. did you open the box and inspect everything?

4. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    The speaker looked ok, but when I move it, something is moving around in there. That is not normal, right?

5. basscooker

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    i don't know enought to say "something is wrong, return it," but that definately doesn't sound normal to me. i would suspect it is a returnable/warranty replacement issue. since you can't see anything wrong, and (i assume) you've never installed it and just recently purchased it. sucks, ya, but should be exchanged, i'd say.

6. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    I'm going to shake it , just to be sure, but if it rattles I'm going to send it in, before even trying to install it. Thanks everyone for the responses. I was pretty sure, I've never heard a speaker rattle, when brand new. Thanks! jimo

7. I bet it's a screw or small piece of metal that got attracted by the magnet. When you moved the box the metal piece moved closer and then "clicked".

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Keep us posted

9. Check the lugs on the terminals and the tinsel wires.

10. basscooker

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    yup. if you return it eminence, please check back with what they say, more specifically, what the issue is/was caused by. i def figure it's related to magnetism, but did something fall in the assembly during manufacture? was it mishandled? could there be some faulty adhesive at work? just an inevitable bad unit? check back...

11. For a speaker that hasn't been taken out of its box you guys are going off the deep end.

12. basscooker

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    wait, what? that would be the first thing i'd do. i figured it was taken out. guess he didn't answer that question. i asked in my first post. if it's still in the box, i'd say darius8 has the scenario i'd vote for. so, OP have you actually looked at the speaker? my bad for making you think it's bad before opening the box....if you haven't yet. but keep us up on it.

13. Sorry, yeah, I'm looking for "I took it out of the box and shook it up and down and it rattles". I think you'll find a nut on a terminal not tightend down and the washer rattling.

14. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    :oops:It was the nuts and split washers on the Terminals rattling exactly!! Good Grief ..this is a new low in stupidity...even for me.....but I am glad I don't have to send it back...thank you all for the help!!!!!!!:oops:

15. If I had a dollar...

16. basscooker

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    yup. and i was right there telling him to send it back.:scowl:

17. You would be 100 pennies richer? :D

If the speaker was shipped in the inner box only you had very good reason to worry. MF is known for NOT double boxing and many driver have arrived damaged. ;) The inner box is not designed to be a stand-alone shipping container.

18. SirMjac28

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Great everything is ok now folks move along there's nothing left to see here.