1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    SA and Boss sometimes have midi channels that are off by 1. (Start at zero vs start at one)

2. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    okay i just tried 'unoffsetting' them and still nothing, the recall last light is flashing constantly but nothing is happening

3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    My Hub hated being after my Boss SY-300, not really sure in which half of that equation the issue was. Once I moved it, things operated much more cleanly.

I realize that's not a useful solution for you since you want to control the Hub with the Boss, but that was my experience.

4. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    what exactly do you mean by after, the hub isnt in the signal chain ? or do you mean the midi chain ?

5. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    After in the MIDI chain (obviously :))

6. I used a Midi Solutions quadra thru to clean up the MIDI a signal from my ES5 which helped with several different things in the chain, including the hub.

GMC and MDH bass like this.
  7. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Be sure Hub firmware is up to date and keep in mind that support is found st contact@sourceaudio.net

8. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    A lot of Boss / Roland gear sends never ending Active Sense on down the MIDI chain which can sometimes flood downstream devices. Unsure if the newer ES5/ES8 products do this, but you should be able to see it if you connect your devices to your computer and run some sort of MIDI monitor app that shows you ALL of the raw MIDI data. This is the app I use on Mac, it works great, can monitor multiple sources simultaneously, filter based on MIDI data type, and more.

snoize: MIDI Monitor

MDH bass likes this.
  9. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    if i cant figure something out in the next few days ill be sure to hit you guys up, thanks for being so damn good and replying to people, it really shows just how fantastic of a company you are

Ba55Man1ac likes this.
  10. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    that would make sense with the signal lights flashing on a bunch of things, would the aforementioned midi solutions quadra solve this problem then ?

11. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    I use a quadra thru with my setup (ES-8, 4 MIDI pedals and a Hub) with no problems

MDH bass likes this.
  12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Is there a way to verify if that's what happened? If so, what was the process to get the warranty repair? I bought mine in December so I would imagine it is warrantied for 6 months?

@rsmith601 any suggestions (re I can't get output 1 of my reflex expression controller to control any pedal no matter what I set - both 2 & 3 work fine with all pedals)

13. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Email to contact@sourceaudio.net. We are very friendly when it comes to fixing stuff. :)

cosmicevan likes this.
  14. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Reaching the end of May...
    Any news on the release date of the C4 and Spectrum?

15. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    The housings from our supplier were delayed into June. This drove me CRAZY!! I am trying to find a way to hand craft some beta housings for those who must have them now. Not sure we can send these international....sorry about that.

GMC, LSMFT6, BigBoyPete and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    No problem. I must have it, but I can wait...
    You guys are doing an amazing job until now. This won't be an issue.

rsmith601 likes this.
  17. SirTarquin

SirTarquin

Jul 28, 2014
    Been trying to figure out what this means for a little while now. Does this mean the release has been pushed back to June, or that only the housings will be complete in June and the actual release will be much later? I’m willing to wait a few extra weeks to get the 100% finished product, but if it’s still going to be several months before it’s complete I might try to grab one of the beta housings.

18. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York

19. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    The electrical hardware is fine and final. The software is probably going to been a few firmware updates to be final. This is easy to do given the USB port. The housing tops (the stuff with the ink on it) are delayed. If we use some blank housing tops (which we have) and put some custom hand artwork on top...we could create a few to tide over those who cannot wait one more month. Hope this is clear.

GMC, Nunovsky, LSMFT6 and 3 others like this.
  20. I can wait, thank you for keeping us posted.