1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    This - I made a brief comment to this effect on that very thread.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    “Borderline”

benevan likes this.
  3. 76jazzbass

76jazzbass Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    NJ
    I couldn't imagine trying to run a company and keep up with comments/issues on a message board. When it comes out I'll get one whether its purple or red or green etc. I prefer a pedal to look cool but it's far from a deal breaker if it sounds good.

rsmith601 likes this.
  4. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    I didn’t read back at all on tgp but the linked post. I don’t inagine SA (or any company) would alter a major component of a new product just to rush it out sooner. If the enclosures take a longer time then so what, that sort of thing happens.

To me I’d be happier in the long run knowing it was done right. But I don’t own my own pedal company sooooo......

76jazzbass likes this.
  5. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Tens of pages back the target price of $229 was posted. Is this for the Spectrum or the C4 synth? Any news on price?

6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Directly from Roger in the Spectrum thread on Wednesday:
    “I want it all. Complexity is fine. Get C4. Probably like $239.

I want just the best and most flexible envelope filter ever with some octave and distortion: get Spectrum. Like $199.”

bassbrad likes this.
  7. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Tangentially connected thought, re: pricing---I notice Prymaxe no longer carries Source Audio.

8. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Weird. Maybe it has something to do with Sweetwater now stocking SA stuff? *shrug*

9. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Is that a thing, that those two companies don't stock the same brands? It would make a bit of sense - Sweetwater sticks pretty rigidly to MAP while Prymaxe is constantly trying to subvert it.

10. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I doubt they have any non compete type deals. They carry other brands that are the same. So, that wouldn't make sense. The MAP pricing thing could be the culprit or hell, who knows, maybe SA's stuff just didn't sell well there. Everyone has their top vendors I'm sure. Who knows.

11. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Well after thinking about it I know they definitely stock SOME of the same brands, so that was probably a bad explanation.

12. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Common misperception. It depends on your sales engineer. Everyone runs their business differently. We try to stick to the rules laid out for us by our agreements and I definitely am not willing to match prices with Prymaxe, that’s for sure. I have no idea how they are still in business.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  13. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Cool, I know which one to get now. C4 forsure. So when is Sweetwater gonna have presales up??

14. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Any reflex controller owners have all 3 expression outs up and running? I can’t seem to get out 1 to control anything. I tried switching the dip switches and changing the parameters but no luck w a moogerfooger my 101 or pigtronix mothership or Montreal assembly your/you’re. All three pedals can be controlled w no issue w outputs 2 and 3 but nothing on output 1...open to any advice.

15. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    You’ll know when I know because I will be giddy like a schoolgirl preordering one.

16. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    I will check my reflex when I get home later tonight

What exactly are we testing?
    Exp 1 trs out
    Exp 2 trs out
    Exp 3 trs out

17. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    OK so I checked my reflex. All TRS EXP outputs work fine.
    Tested using an 8 step
    These are the dip switch setting I used
    So maybe someone from source audio can help.

18. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Please send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net. If this was owned by someone else before, it is possible they connected it up to something nasty. Happy to help.

19. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    One output died on my pedal, replaced under warranty.

cosmicevan and jaysbass2002 like this.
  20. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    okay ive asked in a few places, talkbass & tgp, and i really dont like asking the same thing a bunch of times so sorry in advance. ive just gotten a boss ms3 and i cannot get it and my neuro hub to get along, both the boss and the hub work with other devices, ive tested both with other pedals/controllers/cables and they both work fine but not with each other. sometimes i can get the hub to receive what looks like a constant msg from the boss (the recall last light flashes repeatedly) but i have no idea what is triggering it and it doesnt seem to be affecting anything on the hub or the pedal. i only have one pedal connected to the hub (aftershock). any suggestions ?