Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    The WIDI UHost, which is the one that provides USB connections, is opening for pre-order in a few days. The WIDI Master and WIDI Jack have been available for a while.

I just asked on the CME page and they say that the UHost can operate either as the host or device to a host device.

2. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    @Gibs210 has been following what CME are doing and gave me a heads up about this. Yes, this could be an interesting way to control Source Audio pedals. Jesse made the early decision to make our USB ports MIDI compliant. This will continue to pay off over time, I believe.

equill likes this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Yes, I'm just assuming you don't have the unreleased UHost yet. Or maybe you do? But asking on the CME Facebook page they didn't seem to have any particular knowledge or insight into how their products work with the One Series.

4. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    Part time Tech Support for Source Audio effects
    Yes, both me and Matthew from disaster area have played around with usb midi to the older devices, it will send clock and CC information.

only have experience with the WIDI jack. It will power from the soleman and one series devices with 5 pin midi. Will not power from the neuro hub, that will need external power (meaning the WIDI master would not work with the neuro hub) never got around to testing it with the reflex. Tested pretty extensively with the ventris and collider using midi designer. Got a new phone and now my layout is a bit messed up so, I need to to fix those for better spacing. Worked well in my testing. We do not have access to the uhost, though I’d love to see if would be a viable option for at least the eq2 and ultrawave for the neuro mobile app communication. In theory it should work, but not positive.

equill likes this.
  5. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Lol...I think I put an answer to a question you didn't ask. Apologies!

6. moley6knipe

moley6knipe

Dec 18, 2018
    In case it’s useful, for anyone who’s using a Morningstar controller with an SA pedal, I just posted this on the MS forum. Preset browsing with visual feedback on the MS of which preset is loaded.
    [Uses & Ideas] Value Scroll Counters

7. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    This is pretty much how I’ve had mine set up. I’m sure people will find this useful. Thanks for sharing.

If you put the single message on a release action, you can then duplicate the message 10 times on a long press or double-tap and have a secondary function of jumping up in tens too.

Furthermore, if you put the placeholder text into the long name of every preset on the page, the counter will always be visible, no matter which preset is engaged.

moley6knipe likes this.
  8. Melvin7822

Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    @Gibs210 I'm noticing that my Ultrawave has a very noticeable delay when sending patch changes to it compared to my other Source Audio pedals. I have it connected to a Neuro hub and whether I send a program change to the hub or a CC for the patch change to the Ultrawave, it has the same delay. It responds to other commands instantly.

9. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    Haven’t done a lot of deep handling with the ultrawave and hub yet, just got it on the board for the last time I played out, and didn’t have time to dig in with it yet so just used it strictly as a comp for all scenes. Ok going to venture a guess that due to the fact that the hub isn’t saving the preset info to itself and is rather pointing the ultrawave to the preset on the ultrawave, plus the massiveness of all the information in each preset on the ultrawave, that it is naturally going to take longer to load everything up compared to the older one series pedals.

10. Melvin7822

Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    If that were true, wouldn't the C4 have the same behavior? I can send a CC for a patch change to the C4 instantly, just not the Ultrawave. This problem really makes the Ultrawave a non-starter for me as the second of silence that results from it is a no-go.

11. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    Ultrawave is far more data intense than even the C4. I’ll try to do some testing and see if I notice the same behavior.

fivestringgecko likes this.
  12. Melvin7822

Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Any update on this?

13. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    Perhaps you can give a scenario on why this is a big issue? I don’t think we can make the presets load any faster than they already do on the ultrawave. I’m just not understanding how this is a problem, it still loads relatively fast (about a tenth of a second slower than the C4 from what I’m seeing).

14. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Just reorganized my board to squeeze in the Manta. I received it in a trade a couple years ago and messed with it for a few minutes, but I had just finished setting up the board and didn't have the stomach to redo it again. Then I put it away and forgot I had it. Found it again last week and decided to make room. There's always room for another SA pedal.

IMG_5381.jpeg

Webtroll, odarellmc, Farrin D and 5 others like this.
  15. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    The Source Audio pedals slowly multiply and take over one's board. Mine certainly did!

16. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    I must've gotten mine wet or given them food after midnight, because mine multiplied like Gremlins, too!

17. birdswthvertigo

birdswthvertigo

May 1, 2021
    Where would I go about purchasing these gold knobs?

18. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Amazon stock them. Accoco is the brand, I believe.

birdswthvertigo likes this.
  19. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    I've not seen anyone pimping their Ventris or Nemesis yet...I recon those gold knobs will look really nice!

20. birdswthvertigo

birdswthvertigo

May 1, 2021
    US and Canadian Amazon seem out of stock of the gold so I found them on the UK store and ordered some. That mod is too cool to not try it out.

rsmith601 and GMC like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021