1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread, Part 90: Maxed Out

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Batsquatch

Batsquatch

Feb 20, 2016
    Not like a Marshall IMO. It’s got a beefy low end. If you’ve heard the first sleep album then you’ve heard this amp. The AOR series was as popular in hard rock in the 80’s as the RB800 was.

Novarocker likes this.
  2. Batsquatch

Batsquatch

Feb 20, 2016
    I see a Fender Bassman 300 on sale locally. Anyone played one?

3. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove Can we please just groove for a while? Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Sleep last night in Denver was glorious and cathartic. If you get a chance to see them on the final leg of this tour, do it.

Marijuanaut's Theme
    Holy Mountain
    The Clarity
    Sonic Titan
    Giza Butler
    Leagues Beneath
    The Botanist
    Dragonaut
    Dopesmoker [partial]

4. Korladis

Korladis Supporting Member

Kicking myself for missing them.

Novarocker, dukeorock and mbelue like this.
  5. Cool setlist too

Grahams Groove likes this.
  6. No, but I'd love to try one

7. Korladis

Finally got to listen to the new Yob.

Goddamn.

8. Yes! Yes! Yes! And I get to see them next month with Bell Witch. Booyah

Korladis likes this.
  9. Grahams Groove

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Nice. I've only listened to the couple of pre-released tracks, but I dug them. Pretty representative of the full album?

I also just snagged a ticket for Elder in Seattle. Not really sure how I'm going to make that happen from Colorado, but I'm going to make that happen from Colorado.

mbelue and br1qbat like this.
  10. Korladis

Yeah. It's fantastic.

11. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Man, it was so sick! Al broke out the new Ric 5 string towards the end. It sounded great!

Korladis, SkulliesBass and Batsquatch like this.
  12. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    E72E476F-8D82-4E6C-A8B4-2BDC38CCC24D. 8E827AE1-A4FF-40E8-A05C-5534B316821E. F7675345-D399-41B2-ABFD-B0FBF7EF676D. 648F662A-EE3F-4779-817B-85552C71483E.

13. sigterm

sigterm Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Atlanta G of A
    If you go backstage are you behind the wall of sleep?

14. Grahams Groove

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    All I have to add is that I was amazed seeing people in the room without plugs in.

Anyone know if Al or Matt wear them on stage? I don't know how anyone's ears could handle that for decades without serious damage and guaranteed tinnitus...

15. Korladis

I assume they do.

16. cornfarmer

cornfarmer jam econo Supporting Member

May 14, 2002
    Well, along with not going to see cool bands play, our badass drummer quit the band tonight. F-ing sucks having to find someone to fill his shoes. Another major potential, super tight band goes onto life support.....

/debbiedowner

17. Going to see them next month in Brooklyn! I'm psyched to hear Al's 4003S/5 through his rig.

18. Novarocker

Novarocker

Oct 12, 2015
    @cornfarmer I feel your pain. My buddy lasts for about a year before he turns out and takes a break. Luckily his break is about up and we'll be back.

The tube one? I've messed with the 100w one and it was awesome to say the least

@Korladis I'm kicking myself as well, hopefully they come back through in the next couple years.

cornfarmer likes this.
  19. Didn't know he ever played 5 string. He didn't when I saw them at the end of March.

I didn't want to 'like' this comment. But I feel your pain. Been there, done that. I'm trying to put together a band atm and not having a helluva lotta luck. It always sucks to have to move backwards. Best of luck to ya finding a good non-flake drummer!