1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The John East preamp club

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by datsaxguy, May 16, 2013.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Man, great overview, thanks! I have a fender am dlx that has fralin single coils that has the j-retro dlx and my main bass is a Gadow 5 that has Nordy big singles with the u-retro dlx. That passive tone is one of the best that I've dealt with on an active circuit. I totally know what you mean about the upper mid snarl, man I love that!! I think I may have to give that a shot, totally respect your thoughts on that. Appreciate that.

J.Wolf likes this.
  2. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks Leo, good luck with it! I cant say enough good things about the Uni. If you can get one with the mid curve of the Retro, that would be my suggestion. I think the passive tone is actually improved upon in the Uni Pre from the Retro circuit if I remember correctly.

I'm in the process of trying to get a custom UNI for my Erizias 6. Such a great circuit.