1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    My fretless converted guitar bass.
    DSC01430.JPG
    It goes well with all those mini basses that are currently flooding the market, it sounds really full and is a blast to play.
    DSC01429.JPG
    I will put a different pickup in there some day, a Dimarzio Model one or something similar.
    DSC01431.JPG

JAM83, Nunovsky, G-Z and 4 others like this.
  2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    I particularly dig that double p tele bass! Have you already shared info on it somewhere?

Nunovsky likes this.
  3. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    I’m sure I have somewhere... it is from Moniker Guitars which is a small custom builder from Austin, TX. I love it!! The pink is the same but I just listed it cause I have too many basses!

BassmanM and Iofflight like this.
  4. mojacko

mojacko

Dec 10, 2007
    P + MM + J + Barts + Synth = happiness ?

Attached Files:

Gatlin, Nunovsky, G-Z and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fenders.

Giffro, Nunovsky, G-Z and 2 others like this.
  6. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    Do you play that synth thru your bass rig? Do you alternate between that and a stringed bass during a set or is it usually one or the other?

7. mojacko

mojacko

Dec 10, 2007
    I played mostly at church, depends on the songlist.

if the list contain synthbass song, then I use the synth for that song only then I switch back to real bass for other song.

the difficult one is when I must alternate during song, because that song have both synth and stringed bass part.

since I’m not pro player, for that kind of song, I’d better play safe using fully stringed bass rather than screw up when switching. but again, depends on the song, sometimes fast song also can have manageable switching moment, ex: long drum fill

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Drocdbase and Ellery like this.
  8. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    82917705-9E0D-4951-BDA3-5BFF8F0C6349. Morgan Monroe F Bass,not many were made.This one was upgraded with a Hofner Diamond Pickup. Sounds so good.Thanks

ICM, G-Z, gkella and 8 others like this.
  9. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    Then there is my 1982 Aria Pro II TSB-650 Thorsound MIJ by Uncle Matt. She is a keeper. B6234624-EA07-4A45-A23D-4C5198C918C9. DD61AA44-4FC0-4649-8B02-BA1392EA9037.

ICM, metermech, Tobiasfin and 5 others like this.
  10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    My definition of art... very nice.

11. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    CA63CF55-39ED-42C6-B948-8B9227E770AD. Here’s my 2007 Custom Bluescaster.Took a year or better to build this one. Sounds Awesome.

G-Z, Nunovsky and MovinTarget like this.
  12. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    New Bass Day! I’m fretless curious, so I picked up a Squier Fretless P bass. The fretboard is smooth. Being a newbie, I like that the lines are still there. I like how it plays. You get a little more leeway with getting a good note, because you didn’t land in the wrong spot. I’m going to do the mods I like. Babicz bridge and La Bella Flats, and set it up. I have two sets of flats coming. One is the normal tension and the other is the La Bella 1954 Flatwounds. I’m a little scared to put them on. Everything I’ve read, says they are very high tension and harder to play. But I think the sound would be cool.

I’m hoping the experienced cats will chime in and put my fear to rest, or tell me to run away, like in Monty Python!

IMG_1072.

marcelomiki, Nunovsky, G-Z and 7 others like this.
  13. WalkAlongTR

WalkAlongTR

Wednesday
    Just got this bass today trying to learn more about it. (I'm a guitar player)

It's a Framus 5/149 star bass

Any info would be appreciated. Trying to age it...

14. Bill Wyman played one in the early years. Said he loved it.

15. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I got this Rockbass corvette for super cheap, because the neck was warped and needed to be replaned. Got Evo gold frets put on it, and I made a new truss rod cover out of ipe. I also put in a no-load tone pot and I think I'm gonna be putting some hipshot ultralites on at some point. Sounds and plays great so far. IMG_20180612_184605541. IMG_20180609_203044879_LL. IMG_20180610_162846538.

Attached Files:

Giffro, Nunovsky, G-Z and 3 others like this.
  16. CunniMingus

CunniMingus

Jan 5, 2018
    Rome, Italy
    I like your dog. :)

cmcbass likes this.
  17. DA_ZAR

DA_ZAR

Jun 8, 2018
    Borisov Belarus c 1994/5 No. 682 of 3000
    ..... weighs a ton.

bas 2. bass 3. bass 1.

18. 2 guitars. I only own 2 at present but never really needed more than 1 at a time ;) I bought my "Ripper" new back in '74 or '75 and only last year treated myself to another, a "Burns Bison"...man, what a dream neck to play....super fast action, nightmare to tune quickly, lol. With it comfortably on my gut, my left hand can't quite reach the far "G" tuning key, ha ha. It's really long scale but I love it. On the near horizon is a fretless, a 5 string and a Ricky (gotta have a Ricky). The band I play with gigs approx. 45 weekends a year...busy times :)

19. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    IMG_20180614_192102. New toy...

20. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    I was gonna finish shaping this but I figured "ah screw it!" its beautiful as it is!

fbRJybs.

a) Yes, I made a huge friggin body blank (ultimately wanted a long horn to ensure no neck diving)
    b) Yes, these are 2 of the ATK pups from Strange's QuadATK monstrosity:
    Check out my quadruple pickup Ibanez ATK.
    c) The body uncut clocks in at a measily 19 pounds... okay, maybe I'll shape it... just a little...

The white index card is a place holder for my bridge which is in the mail...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    DA_ZAR and Nunovsky like this.