1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Down to 3: 2018 Pro Jazz in natural, 2016 MIM Jazz Sunburst, 1995 ATK Sunburst.

20180706_211520.

2. I'm currently down to 3 basses... Fender American Professional Precision, Fender '51 Precision, and Epiphone RI Ripper (bought it due to my love for Rick Danko).

Fender American Professional Precision Bass - Antique Olive
    IMG_0786.JPG

Fender '51 Precision Bass - Butterscotch Blonde
    IMG_0785.JPG

Epiphone RI Ripper - Natural
    IMG_0789.JPG

3. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    3 beautiful choices and what more does a man need. :bassist:

the harp unstrung likes this.
  4. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    *that* is a loaded question in these here forums! :D

5. BoogerMan79

BoogerMan79

Apr 7, 2017
    Texas
    Truer words were never spoken...or typed as the case may be.

MovinTarget, BassmanM and EdBo like this.
  6. rodv66

rodv66 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    I am really impressed with what you get for the price. The bridge is very solid and not cheap looking. The neck is a little wide, but not too thick for me. I'm not an active guy by nature yet nice to have the option if needed. In the long run, made a decent deal

7. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    NBD!

Xaviere (Guitar Fetish / GFS) Jazz Bass. Added the bridge and pickguard + Rotosounds so now it’s a Geddy Lee clone :thumbsup:

4734AF89-45ED-4448-99DD-E6967F09B311. 252F34D0-F16D-473A-94E0-6C6260039578.

8. That’s beautiful! Please tell us more...

EdBo likes this.
  9. It's a really fun bass to play! It took a bit of time to get used to the body shape (and is somewhat awkward to play while sitting down) but the neck is nice and chunky. I've been wanting to swap out the pickups but haven't gotten around to it. Super cool bass!

EdBo likes this.
  10. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    How is it? Haven't been many Xaviere bass threads. I've been curious about them.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    EdBo likes this.
  11. Sure is! Did it come with the P/J pups?

EdBo likes this.
  12. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Brought the L2500 tribute out tonight for a change of pace. For a "cheap" bass it really sounds amazing!

20180707_211843.

13. It did! I was disappointed at first because I wanted to original dual humbucker layout that Gibson used in the '70s but then I realized how much versatility there is with a P/J configuration.

EdBo and Raulplaysbass like this.
  14. Smith357

Smith357

Jul 7, 2018
    OH
    My two basses, Talman TMB30 and SS VM Jag.
    RQdoVPO.

15. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Welcome to TB,

How different (or similar) are the sounds coming out from those two, given that both have the same electronic configurations?

MovinTarget likes this.
  16. Smith357

Smith357

Jul 7, 2018
    OH
    They are both bone stock and both are currently strung with D'Addario 50-105 tape wounds, with the P pickup Ibanez seems to have a smoother fuller tone and the Squire has a bit of bite, and the J pickup in Ibanez is soft and sweet while the Squire sounds thin to me, I don't use it in the mix. I don't think they are bad, just not my preferred tones. I may drop in some Duncans to see how much it changes. I typically reach for the Ibanez first.

The necks are where the big differences are, the Talman has a fairly wide chunky neck, and the Jag is thin and narrow. I have the Jag set up with a higher action for more aggressive play and the Talman set up on the edge of being too low for mellow play.

Fit and finish the Talman is better, everything is tight with no gaps or imperfections, the Squire is very good but next to the Ibanez it just falls a wee bit short.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    EdBo likes this.
  17. So my friend got a new camera and I said "I've got stuff you can try it out on." :roflmao: So we did. Here's the collage view of the kids.
    pbasses. jazzes. slabs.

StevieMac, Nunovsky, ICM and 18 others like this.
  18. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Impressive for sure, you do know there are other companies making basses right?

:laugh:

(PS: your avatar is hilarious :roflmao:)

Nunovsky, ICM, BK bassist and 8 others like this.
  19. Yeah l know lol...I just know what works for me.

20. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    sV8QXby.

Nunovsky, BK bassist, EdBo and 9 others like this.