The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Yeap it should be the first two of the serial number.

Rod Barchetta likes this.
  2. sonojono

sonojono

Feb 13, 2013
    California
    Burgundy Mist. The body is from a Squier Affinity

3. RichBass55

RichBass55

Jun 28, 2021
    Essex, UK
    This is my collections of bass instruments. From left to right they are...
    Fender CB-60SCE,
    Fender Player series Jazz bass - Pleked, Fitted with real bone nut and Hipshot bridge
    Fender American Profression II Precision Bass V
    Fender Player series Precision Bass - Modified with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickups and Hipshot bridge
    and Yamaha RBX374 - Pleked. All bases - cropped even more.jpg

4. Basic Lee

Basic Lee

Feb 3, 2020
  5. JC BASS 91

JC BASS 91

Oct 22, 2021
    SW Missouri
    Love it! I had been wanting to add a short scale back into my collection and had been looking at building a PJ Jag kit that was similar to what I had before that I gave to my son. I tried a G2220 at a local store and really liked the tone and feel of it. I didn't like the color of that one, though...pink is not a color I want on a bass. Ordered this one from Sweetwater and have been very pleased with it. I still love it even after all the hullabaloo about the pickups not being the advertised humbuckers, but just single coils.

It is rather odd, though, tone wise. The pickups do produce a strange chorus-like effect if both pickups are on. It is there when each pickup is soloed, but very very faint. I actually love the sound, as it isn't overbearing on the tone of the bass. I would think it was just mine, but the one that I tried in the store did the same thing, with an entirely different kind of amp, so...who knows.

6. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    My UPS guy is a hoot. Always jolly. Asked me what type of business "you have in there" warehouse
    without sinage. Also a 16' cab over diesel out front. Told him sound company and I'm a musician.
    He thought I lived there. As I get frequent deliveries.

7. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    there has been a bit of controversy with the Jr Jets recently... I wonder if it has to do with the pickups as with others, though they were just reporting having two bridge single coils...

Rod Barchetta likes this.
  8. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

Ziricote

9. Finally got around to taking a photo of them together.

DSC02089.JPG

TD

10. JC BASS 91

JC BASS 91

Oct 22, 2021
    SW Missouri
    Yeah, they were advertised as being mini humbuckers...for YEARS. Then it came out that they were actually single coils. Further inspection showed that they were not even a set where one was reverse wound for hum cancelling when both pickups were selected. Either way, I still love the sound of this little bass. It is very unique amongst my others basses.

11. Is that the whole enchilada?? I mean is the board the same either laminated ziricote or with the frets pressed in? Never handled it myself so I'm curious. It looks like really tight rosewood. Pretty hard stuff?

12. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    That is a Warmoth SSB 32" w/ Gold frets on a Ebony board . I put the Luminlay in . It originally had no side dots . I like no face inlay sometimes but no side dots , forget it . lol . It's very stable and it's seems pretty darn hard too . It's oil and waxed finished . It's very smooth .
    [​IMG]

cymbop, PizzaFiend, scottm and 13 others like this.
  13. I really like that bass a lot. Considerably more than just quite a bit.

14. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    It's off the charts . It's a Sugar Pine body , Finished by Paul Slagle with a PNW pup in it . It's just one of those good ones .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Off to the practice lair...whooooosh. 20220529_133221 (1)~3.jpg

16. Basic Lee

Basic Lee

Feb 3, 2020
    That’s gorgeous

Rod Barchetta and MovinTarget like this.
  17. Thanks man. It's an AO50s Precision I bought that was originally Aztec gold. I loved that but sadly, due to poor prep the finish started coming of in sheets and not in a cool way :bawl: but it is such a great specimen I HAD to keep it. Marty Bell made it all happy again and I put some Fralin vintage overwounds in it. It's my number one P bass.

cymbop, Bleecker, fretno and 5 others like this.
  18. Basic Lee

Basic Lee

Feb 3, 2020
    Is that a roasted neck ?

Rod Barchetta and MovinTarget like this.
  19. No, an unlit room lol. Just natural sun light and shadows.

20. TK4261

TK4261 Supporting Member

New arrival! 30" Marusczcyk Elwood L. One piece Alder body w/Spalted Maple top. Roasted Rock Maple neck with Wenge fretboard. Delano Xtender & Noll 3 band pre :bassist:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sub-hoo-fer, osv, PizzaFiend and 20 others like this.