The Spaceman Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Did anybody else get an Aurora? I don't hear many people talk about it, but think it's awesome. 20210411_163657.jpg 20210411_163657.jpg

2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
  3. My band's in pre-production mode, atm, as we're going back in the studio, in August. Aurora already has a safe spot on one of the tracks.

kranahan, cosmicevan and Matt Dean like this.
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I’m waiting for a limited edition on the Aurora

Nefarius696 and GardenBass like this.
  5. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Saturn VI ordered.

I don't need any more drive pedals,
    But, it seems interesting, and I lack self control.

6. GardenBass

GardenBass

Mar 11, 2014
    Western Mass
    @Mosfed i definitely agree ... I have a stock Aurora but it doesn't quite have the same sonic canvas / signature of the other hand built units - eg Voyager and Explorer. I would be curious to get one to compare. So far i do like it though.

7. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Has anyone A/Bed a limited Explorer with a non-limited?

GardenBass likes this.
  8. GardenBass

GardenBass

Mar 11, 2014
    Western Mass
    I didn't realize they made a non-limited explorer? huh...cool, Learn something new everyday Cheers!

9. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I could be wrong about that.

10. Do those limited runs actually sound different or is it just about the mojo? Love my red standard Aurora but I'd honestly consider investing in another one if I like the limited edition's look, if they ever drop one. I just love flange too much, tbh.

GardenBass likes this.
  11. GardenBass

GardenBass

Mar 11, 2014
    Western Mass
    i think that's the question ... trying to figure out if this new direction of standard and special will keep the "mojo" of Spaceman or if it shifts. I don't have a way to tell but a bit jaded by the units i do have - especially when you open them up. There is no question they are different.
    So far the Aurora is nice. The Artemis secret mission .. meh. i prefer my Wonderlove. But to be fair, i like the ideas and options, we just didn't gel. When i chatted with Spaceman about it they did say (unofficially) that it was more designed with passive pups and guitar in mind as opposed to active 5 strings.
    I do have 4 of their units on my board and a couple others on the shelf - so i am a fan, fwiw.

Nefarius696 likes this.
  12. I feel you on this one. I'm having a hard time making the Artemis work for me. Then agin, I'm not really huge on filters and I really didn't know how to aproach the pedal the 'right' way. The sample settings on the website helped a little bit, but I don't feel like it was made for bass, either.

GardenBass likes this.
  13. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I don’t think they sound any different. I don’t have any standard editions but I would shocked if there was any real difference.

14. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Oh - and I adore my Artemis. I would recommend you dial in one of the filters and then blend in the others for texture.

15. cusar5

cusar5

Feb 17, 2008
    Planet Iommia
    Do you prefer it in the envelope or LFO modes? I'm thinking about picking one up.

16. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Envelope

17. Do you have some setting recommendations? I really want to like the pedal but I feel like I don't really understand what I'm doing, when turning the knobs. The language barrier doesn't make it any easier, either. :roflmao:

18. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Landed today
    IMG_20210421_164420662.jpg
    Immediately got some tasty tones out of it.
    The breakup feels natural and adds presence. It can get furry on the low-end, but doesn't get farty like some others.

Overall, a very good first impression of a pedal I've never used, from a company I've never bought from.
    I'll most certainly be checking out more of their stuff.

19. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Well, I just went and ordered an Apollo VII.

The Saturn VI is now first in line, and my new favourite pedal.
    I expect the A7 to be killer as well.

20. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    PSA : The Saturn VI really opens up when run at 12V.

The manual that came with it specified it can run 9V-12V, so I knew it was ok.

kranahan and Lammchop93 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021