1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Things Bar Staff has called you.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by PopaWoody, Jan 15, 2012.

1. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This one took the cake, it's my bar tab, the PYT bartender had no idea what my name was. So since I am 6'7" at 250 or so. I get this one. :p

GiantBandGuy1.

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My favorite barkeep just calls me "rock star".

3. Blind Rat

Blind Rat

Apr 23, 2009
    Here
    I get "Bass Man"

4. Sir.

5. Phalex, at least they don't call you hedgehog.

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    15 bucks for 4 Mich Ultras? I think they should have called you Robbed.

7. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Rather OT and completely irrelevant, but I got completely sloshed at the Green Iguana many moons ago. Seeing that receipt brings back some memories. :)

8. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

LOL. It's totally true though, and Giant Band Guy is so much nicer than so many other things they could have been calling you.

9. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    How in hell does one become 7 feet tall drinking Ultras?! :D

10. I get told that I'm 'the sh!t' alot, but I don't think I can count that as a name hehe (I'm not counting it, anyways).

No recent names, but when I was still in high school playing at the local open jams I was referred to as 'The 17-year old Man-Child".

11. 'babe' and 'hun'. Don't like being called either.

12. I'm 6"6 350 and I get tiny, football plyer, bass man, boss and big mexican.
    I've yet to play th green iguana. Maybe sometime soon

13. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Wasnt there just a blow up about an employee at a Papa Johns putting something like "lady chinky eyes" on the receipt for a customer?

14. 67precision

67precision

Jan 25, 2011
    Up North, MN
    there was.

Al at the Blue Ox in Brainerd, MN calls me f*ckface - and I do not like it. But he calls everyone that.

15. Bear_Bass

Bear_Bass

Dec 28, 2011
    Not by bar staff but i get called Bear by band members, sound guys, whatever. Just a name thats stuck i guess.

16. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota

The Blue Ox (back in the late 90's) was one of the biggest dives Ive played in! I actually stepped in dog poop in that bar,figure that one out. YUK! :scowl:

17. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Pretty sure that the Green Iguana, is one of the top gigs in our area. We get our choice of half priced food or half priced bar tab. Since my sig. other is our singer we ate, $11 total for the two of us.

This location packs on Saturday nights, best gig we have by far.

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Im surprised they didnt call your choice of beer into question. :bag:

19. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    $3.00 to $3.50 is the going rate for bottled beer around here so that doesn't seem out of line at all. Unless you were commenting on the choice of beer as bottled water shouldn't cost $3.50. :) However many of our gigs will comp us one or two drinks per person per set which is nice. One even comps us on the food!