1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Weapons of mass bottom end destruction:bassist:. With string gauges 65-135.........and a touch of Fuzz/Overdrive, watch out!.:nailbiting:

hillerup, PillO, theFixer and 4 others like this.
  2. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Do you have the big Rickenbacker bridge pickup ring under that J neck pickup cover?

3. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Doesn't it drive you nuts having to adjust from the long to the short scale?

GonePlaid, theFixer and GBassNorth like this.
  4. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    You weren’ One of those US army Morris dancers were you? Those are skills to be admired in any soldier :thumbsup:

5. I just can't say never, but I totally understand your point. I can't see EDM being as big as it is forever; people get bored. And that Americana crap...damn that's boring. Popular music is very circular. Rock will be back big time at some point because eventually it will be "new" (again).

Here in Nashville there are, as you would expect of Music City, a number of truly fantastic rock n' metal bands. The thing is (and there are many reasons why) most of the crowd willing to go see live heavy music is 30 and older, and a lot of them are my age. And, the crowds are relatively small. Go to any bar that does killmechokeme and it'll be packed. Its at least as bad as that hipster Americana garbage.

6. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    Perhaps “Coil tapping capabilities” means you need to actually do some soldering yourself? Rather than it’s already there for you

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    hillerup, GBassNorth, JJR58 and 7 others like this.
  7. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    I’m not, all I’m trying to do is save my good friend @Unclejackrock the embarrassment of an expensive repair and walking on stage with a girly looking bass, he is a player of some standing: Blackbird and here’s my girly bass :hyper:

I’m very jealous really :mad:

hillerup, GBassNorth, JJR58 and 7 others like this.
  8. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    no

GBassNorth, JJR58, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  9. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

What's the going rate on used TB+ pickups? I'm selling the ones that came out of my t-bird.

10. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Clips?

Ok nvrmnd, I caught up to that...

Ive still got an Epi Blackbird pup from the neck position, may stick it in my Hamer Mutant. That bass will probably end up with a Tbucker of some kind by the end of this year. From your enthusiastic report, sounds like the bridge is the one to replace. I want a punchy pickup at the sweet-spot... the DiMarzio in there now is hot, and def has some punch to it. I don't think swapping the bridge (DiMarzio J) would be a downgrade...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  11. Instagator

Instagator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    I sold my set for $100

Korladis, GBassNorth and GonePlaid like this.
  12. No, Ive got 2 4003 Neck pickups in there. I brought home a new Rick bridge pickup for the mod process but found that it was so big/long that it was going to cut into my control cavity and cause an aesthetic catastrophe with the raised mid section of the Birds body.

13. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Any time!! Open invitation to all club members.

14. Just don’t call the cops when you hear one of us in your house in the middle of the night :roflmao:

15. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy Supporting Member

The Rotten Kid TM is on it! There are some thing that we can always count on. It makes the uncertainty of everything else less confusing.

16. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    +1 to @Dr_Feelgoood212, & damn i'd play every single bird @Nocturnal has, especially the Hamer birds, those must be a different breed of bird :)

17. Nocturnal

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    The Hamers are totally different than the Gibson Bird's. Heavier with wider necks, but man they are fantastic basses!!!

18. Nocturnal

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Haha. Let me rephrase that invitation. You are welcome when I am awake and able to check your car when you leave. ;):cool:

19. Unclejackrock

Unclejackrock Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2006

Well, I do play in a hair metal cover band, so maybe TBIRD1958 can give me some spandex and makeup tips, that may make the Day Glo Bird look right. LOL!!!

20. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    T’Bird Sighting:

Chuck seems in a remarkably good mood