1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    ... ESPECIALLY on their own friggin' website!:rolleyes::roflmao:

2. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    I'll just be over here in the corner...

imgres-4.

3. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
  4. Ha! You do know Paul Rodgers sand in both Free and Bad Company right?..lol!!!

5. SANG..lol!!!

6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy Supporting Member

I am. Why lie.

7. theFixer

theFixer

May 30, 2017
    Michigan
    yes... but it was a different band. Kinda like the Small Faces and the Faces. It'd be great to hear about either one, but I'z curious which one fer sher... nawmsayin':)

8. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird Supporting Member

You have now enabled him. And it'll be all your fault. :D

9. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I think it was the 2015 model that had the coil tap capabilities and two mini switches for using the option.

hillerup, JJR58, RedVee and 6 others like this.
  10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    This showed up today. Not sure if the neck pickup works or not as I kind of get a reaction when tapping on it. Need to open it up to see whats what.

B0hiCvd.

11. bylar13

bylar13 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Nice and wishing you good luck! What was the issue with the string break angle and the bridge?

12. bylar13

Dec 19, 2016
    but worth it....(IMHO)

IMG_20180307_211516345_zpskpgefota. IMG_20170408_082443607_zpsv9petcje.

13. Never saw a P with Tbird type buckers until TB. Really, really curious as to how they play and sound..

14. Unclejackrock

Unclejackrock Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2006

No issue, really. I don’t know ANYTHING about the Babicz bridge. I had to look up instructions on how to raise and lower the saddles. When I read up more about them I found out that they come with a 1/8” spacer that goes under the bridge to be used if it’s needed. In other words, it’s optional. This Tbird had it installed, and my first impression was “wow, the string break angle is really shallow on this bridge”. Then I read that it was optional, and I took it off and adjusted the saddles. Without the spacer, the string break angle is greater. I do not know if that is a good or bad thing, but from what I have read, a greater string break angle is generally a good thing.

15. :vomit:

16. It took me a month to be able to sing harmonies and play Carry on Wayward Son. I will get it. Good thing I’m stubborn:D

17. bylar13

Dec 19, 2016
    I don't have a sound clips but I would say more mids and a bit less low end. I made this one from a Fender Blacktop Percision body, a MIM jazz neck and Lollar pick ups. The pickus dropped right in, no routing needed. The pickguard needed some filing to fit the pickup.

This one has a .22 Orange drop capacitor so it is a bit more aggresive to my ear. YMMV.

hillerup, RedVee, theFixer and 4 others like this.
  18. I got a P/J with a Thunderbird neck pickup in the bridge position. Sounds fantastic!.
    IMG_2209.JPG

hillerup, Nocturnal, RedVee and 10 others like this.
  19. 3 ways are great! Did they ever have them on the Vintage Pro?

20. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird Supporting Member

That's bad @ss Prog.