1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    He seems to enjoy it. :D

download (1).

Gaolee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  2. I have the bridge cover in the same spot on my J. I has a cheap-slightly-higher-mass bridge that doesn't allow the cover to completely cover the bridge PU.

GBassNorth, GonePlaid and PillO like this.
  3. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    For no good reason (I’m supposed to be mixing a record), I felt like playing my Gretsch SpectraSonic bass, which I haven’t picked up in a long time...played it through my eurorack rig. Looping delay (Make Noise Mimeophon), into a filter (Joranalogue Filter 8) and modulated it with a Mannequins Just Friends...fun waste of a couple hours. Now back to work!

Inky13, GBassNorth, Gaolee and 7 others like this.
  4. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    After playing that clip, there is now a pod of whales at my front door demanding to know why I was just broadcasting a demand for the destruction of the Monterey Bay kelp beds. I assured them that I had done no such thing but at their insistence, I replayed the clip. They were horrified. I was embarrassed. And you may have some explaining to do if those aquatic mammals ever figure out how to pay you a visit in Tennessee ... or manage to register for a talkbass account despite their lack of either the technology or any way to type on a tiny keyboard with those giant fins.

...but then again.... they did figure out how to get to my house from the water, which is 1\2 mile as the unladen African swallow flies...

Inky13, GBassNorth, Gaolee and 5 others like this.
  5. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    I hear this developing into a hardcore punk song.

6. mrm56

mrm56 Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2013
    heart o texas
  7. Different part of the reward system... Exercise, particularly "breaking through the wall" is associated with both a release of dopamine and ekephalins (the brain's natural opioids). So the feel good is a hit of dopamine and heroine.* :thumbsup:

There is something to this:

* I'm simplifying an awful lot here.

8. Once you get some sounds and effects zeroed in on, I'd be looking to hear some edm-stylee compositions...

9. Richard I

Richard I

Jun 22, 2017
    Italy
    Salami
    What do you (americans) mean with "salami"? :roflmao:

Sheet, sorry for the misunderstanding :laugh:

GBassNorth, Gaolee, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  10. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

GBassNorth, dukeorock and GonePlaid like this.
  11. Currently it is Yom Kippur, which I believe is the holiday marked by smoked herring? Often celebrated at English breakfasts?*

*no offense intended to anyone celebrating. I am an equal opportunity comedian - I will joke about any religious holidays. But Easter is a particular favorite because I get to use the line "zombie Jesus!"

Rocker47, GBassNorth, mr zee and 3 others like this.
  12. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    As one commercial said, the worst part of going to the gym is going to the gym.

GBassNorth, RedVee, Gaolee and 4 others like this.
  13. Yup!

14. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    The classy version is prosciutto. :smug:

15. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    And you need to take care even when you’ve quit for a long time. My Dad quit for 29 years and restarted smoking.

16. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    That's weird.

GBassNorth, RedVee, PillO and 2 others like this.
  17. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Here's weird. But more like stupid. I didn't start smoking till i was in my mid 30's. And even at that. I may have had a total of 3 smokes, or less a month. Than, i went in and out of it till now.

18. Proscuitto is fancy/expensive ham.

Salami is fancy/expensive spam.

Sopressata is fancy/expensive salami.

19. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    So the plan worked!!!

Hmm, I was thinking of cutting that up and using parts for a full tune...

More IDM than EDM, but I’ve been doing that very thing for a few years, just not in eurorack. Still learning that stuff. Poor Jeff has had to endure tons of my little tangents :)

JJR58, Kriegs, GBassNorth and 6 others like this.