1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

travel bass for me

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Congo, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Congo

Congo

Aug 20, 2017
    Hailo ebryone !!!
    Me look for good travel bass.
    Me already play few
    You can recomend ?

2. Congo

Congo

Aug 20, 2017
    Me can trade fender jazz bass 1962 and ampeg portaflex 1964

3. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
  4. But it's not what wie call a bass on this side of Talkbass, that is still a guitar (you might call it a bass _guitar_).

Josh Kneisel likes this.
  5. Josh Kneisel

Josh Kneisel

Jun 17, 2016
    Arizona
    Chadwick Folding Bass comes to mind there is a whole thread on it

6. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    It is the most compact and the best price for fully acoustic bass that can be played un-amplified. Oversize fees are possible but seem to often be avoided.
    It is the only travel option I know that is fairly priced and does not price-gouge on the case! The hybrid is only $400 more and he can set it up just like your bass if you send your measurements. Oh, and free shipping - seriously. Because it is a real bass it is my back up bass as well as my travel bass. I just did three concerts with no amp as well as nine days of daily practice with it and it performed great.
    Still, you can get any bass converted to a removable neck these days if you have the money for the surgery and the case.

John Chambliss likes this.
  7. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    Ahh shoot.. I didn't realize I had wandered into the adult section!

Where's the bouncer at? No one checked my i.d.!

Honestly I'm useless on upright. My mistake, friends.