U.S. Peavey Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Sep 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    It is a really good looking Fury Custom, I like the black hardware and Schalllers. The metal P knobs add $40 to the value, in my book.

Bleecker likes this.
  2. Timmy Liam

Timmy Liam

Jan 23, 2018
    Florida
    Hi everyone!
    My 80s patriot has the super ferrite pickup with a growl almost like a rickenbacker. (But a few pounds lighter and quite a few dollars less in cost) Any suggestions on what strings would best bring the growl out? (Want more growl, not less) It currently had rotosound 66 swing bass strings.
    Thanks in advance.

mb94952 likes this.
  3. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    I roll with rotos on mine as well, and I love them. The only thing I’ve tried that really pushes the patriot past the rotos are SIT RockBright Stainless Steels, which were similar to rotos but just had a little more top end bite. They were absolutely cheese graters on the fingers though - and that’s coming from a guy who mains Roto steels lol

Timmy Liam likes this.
  4. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Those Rotos are very bright. I also like Hi Beams and GHS Super Steels for bright rounds. I used to use Ken Smith Rockmasters, but found out that they are just repackaged Super Steels.

It growls like a Ric because that aggressive, single coil Super Ferrite is pretty much in the exact same place as the Ric's High Gain bridge PU! I like that about the Patriot, it's no coincidence they designed it that way. I added another SF in the same neck location as a Ric, as well as a 3 way PU switch. Now I have a Patriot that sounds just like a Ric! I call it RicRiot.
    LnJL0pZOju37gIGvAJPjGm5zan3rARPapS3bn0GjeldxRMhNKZGnonjnhgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1539810762.jpg

mb94952, Timmy Liam, smogg and 5 others like this.
  5. phbass

phbass

Sep 21, 2020
    Hi all, hope someone here might be able to help me out. I have a Peavey Foundation, serial number 01923019 indicates it's a 1984 model, and the logo, triangle string tree, metal knobs, and trapezoid bridge etc seem to support that. However, it has pickups that I haven't seen before on a Foundation, it doesn't have Super Ferrite embossed on it although the dimensions and pickup ring look similar to the SFs, and its not the VFLs either. Does anyone have any idea what they are? Did any SFs come in a different casing? These ones just have Peavey embossed in the bottom right corner. I'd be interested to know if these might have come stock with the bass or if they might have been replaced. They sound great though, I just wanted to know more about them. Thanks in advance! 20211015_015537.jpg 20211015_015613.jpg 20211015_015627.jpg 20211015_022027.jpg

Timmy Liam and mb94952 like this.
  6. VinnyC

VinnyC Supporting Member

May 26, 2017
    So Cal
    That's not true shipping is included in the price

7. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Starke, FL
    Owner: JLA Custom In Ear Monitors
    Those are super ferrite pickups. The story goes like this: the original mold for the shells was damaged, so they made the new one. Guts are the same. My Foundation 5 has those. Mech, RIP, told me the above. Horse's mouth, and all that.

8. phbass

phbass

Sep 21, 2020
    Thanks BassikLee, the info is much appreciated!

BassikLee likes this.
  9. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Really, the SITs are rough compared to Rotos?? Wow. :wideyed:

PeaveyPlayer likes this.
  10. Bleecker

Bleecker Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Etown NY. USA
  11. WilbursaurusRex

WilbursaurusRex

Aug 4, 2017
    Looks good, but is it me, or is the neck plate crooked??

I definitely think its white

12. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    I used their powerwound nickels a bit when i was in high school and they were a run of the mill NPS, but yea those steel rock brights were gnarly lol

PeaveyPlayer likes this.
  13. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Cant be. I use em and they feel much smoother compared to roto and cobalts

MNAirHead likes this.
  14. PeaveyPlayer

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Back again?
    299708C7-DCF8-481F-831B-2AF137DD23BD.png

15. Bassinthemudd

Bassinthemudd Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Minnesota
    Super cool! Did you give it Patri-O-Sound? Or at least dual mono outs?

Patriot now at the top of my gas list, along with an extra SF pup.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 9:39 AM
  16. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yes. That one sold a while back. Might have some issues with it. Pretty bass though.

PeaveyPlayer likes this.
  17. Strings...

Chances are I'm probably on the most extreme for attack and sustain

BRIDGE - Top Mount
    Ken Smith Steels
    GHS - Super Steels - Contact Core

BRIDGE - Through Mount
    DR Long Necks

18. PeaveyPlayer

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    you should checkout Sit Rockbright stainless

19. Thanks for the tip

PeaveyPlayer likes this.
  20. Timmy Liam

Timmy Liam

Jan 23, 2018
    Florida
    Wow! Cool looking bass, I love it.

mb94952 and bigtone23 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021