1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

U.S. Peavey Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Sep 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    I put the metal Peavey P knobs on basses that didn't have them originally. This one also got a black pickguard and Wildes...
    enhance.jpg
    I also really like the triangle string trees. A couple non Peaveys with them...
    enhance.jpg
    Old pic. This one now has 2 triangle trees...
    enhance.jpg
    However, I didn't like the knobs on the Dyna, and found a full set of aluminums that I did like-2 Ernie Ball, 3 old Washburns. If these were all steel or brass, they would add at least a half pound to the weight.
    enhance.jpg

TinIndian, mb94952, Giffro and 3 others like this.
  2. 58kites

58kites Save a life....adopt a Pitbull

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    The green Forum is baddazz, and I like your Dyna knob choices too.

3. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Thanks! The Forum is a great bass, and my youngest Peavey.

4. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

I agree 100% with 58. Good choices !! SO much that my initial instinct was to find a Dyna just to do the same with the knobs ! That black on black is really sharp, and the 3 mini's are the icing.

bigtone23 likes this.
  5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

How many strings on the bass?

6. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    It's a four string with a drop D tuner.

7. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok so came home to my GC purchase t40. This thing has been unplayed. Looks like it just came off the floor in 1982 (wish it were a 81 my birth year but close enough) fretboard/ neck still glossy. Bridge has 1 spot of tarnish. No dings dents scratches nada. Lighter for a t40 11 6lbs. Came with 82 dated warranty letter. Sounds amazing! Are these stock strings? Gold/brown wrapping?

Attached Files:

8. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Wow. What a great score for you. Congratulations!

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Check your PM —- I have some cool things I can do to help you.

No custom work required

Raw N Low likes this.
  10. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Thank you!
    I got really lucky on those small knobs. I had the EB aluminum knobs already, but was searching and searching for minis that I liked. It was pretty disappointing. Was I being too picky? After about 3-4 weeks this set of 4 knobs popped up on ebay. The seller said they were from a Washburn, I just saw that they were the right size, looked cool and aluminum. Well worth the $25 shipped price, to me, and I have a spare. Win win!

Wow! That's clean! Where did it come from for the hardware to stay so clean and unpitted? It's typical out here in the dry Mtn time zone for chrome to stay nice like that, but anywhere with humidity...

TinIndian and mb94952 like this.
  11. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I've been looking at GC's used site and that GV with the Jazz pups swapped in showed back up in the Clearwater GC. Obviously someone grabbed it and returned it. How hard is it to find the right VFL's for it and what is a decent price on VFL's these days?

Also an Axcellerator 5 has popped up for cheap that I was thinking of grabbing. I know you guys seem to like those too.

What do you TB enablers think?

mb94952 likes this.
  12. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I went ahead and took a flyer on that GV bass on GC's used site. I figure if it still has the original pre in it and there aren't any other problems I should be able to track down a pair of VFL'S for it. If not I can return it, no harm, no foul.

I guess I'll see next week.

AudioTaper and tindrum like this.
  13. mb94952

LOL !!!! I enable you. I love my Axcelerator and that price is right, too. Maybe you can have a two Peavey week...

TinIndian likes this.
  14. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Thats how i justified the t40. Ended up being a closet queen. And even at 11.6lb was fine at practice for 2.5 hrs with a normal strap. Sounded great even with potentially 37 year old strings on it. Truss was good sounded amazing. Ordered DR fat beams for it

mb94952, Raw N Low, Runnerman and 2 others like this.
  15. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Peavey had VFL's in stock recently. They likely still have some.

16. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Congratulations on a wonderful purchase. I enjoyed looking at the pics of that T-40..it looks like it came from the Peavey factory floor this morning..amazing find. Well done.

17. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    That's how I feel about both of my T-Series basses. They basically sit on the rack for the most part but they are fun basses to record with because they have a wide variety of tones. My T-45 is the only birth year bass that I own and beat out a "birth year" P-bass because I couldn't find concrete evidence of its manufacture date.

You have an excellent example of a well cared for T-40. Mine is an 80's and while clean, is nowhere close to the condition of the model you picked up. I'd like to get one in Sienna sunburst one day when the price is right.

Monterey Bay-ss likes this.
  18. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Their is an sienna on marketplace but its almost 14lbs and $550 + shipping

19. mb94952

I've been taking a different bass to rehearsal everynight to see which one sounds best in a band situation. We all know playing alone and with a band can make a bass sound completely different. So far, the Millennium and the Foundation S are top. Next time is the Axcelerator.

20. mb94952