1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

We got any Star Wars Squadrons players in here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by neurotictim, Jan 21, 2021.

1. neurotictim

neurotictim Gold Supporting Member

My latest addiction is the EA/Origin/Motive game Star Wars Squadrons. No Jedi running around with lightsabers, just pilots duking it out. 5v5 dogfight or 5v5 fleet battles, good times. Cross-platform means PS4, Xbox, and PC all play in the same arenas.

I'm currently level 29, not very good but having a ton of fun with it, and thought it might be a good "Off-Topic" topic. Prefer zipping around in the A-wing or TIE Interceptor to anything else, though I've been known to pilot an X-wing or TIE Defender from time to time. There's a LOT more depth to playing this game than zipping around, of course, but hopefully I'm getting better.

Anyone else playing this?

SirMjac28 likes this.
  2. Clyde_Simpleton

Clyde_Simpleton Gold Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Richmond, VA
    I've watched some footage of it and it looks like a fun game. I just haven't picked it up yet.

neurotictim likes this.
  3. neurotictim

Well, with the 2nd Death Star as your avatar, I would imagine you're somewhere in the blend of Star Wars nerd, as am I. If you're a Jedi/Sith fanboy and don't care for the non-Force aspect of that universe, this isn't the game for you. If you're into combat flight sims and fast action, with a somewhat steep learning curve and tough online fights (and not even a passing reference to the Force), then you'll love it.

4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I'm going to start a paid account with Electronic Arts Play in the wee hours tomorrow morning & play all weekend.
    Battlefront is in there, which IIRC has some flying games, & that's where my relationship with Sony started to go downhill.

We bought Battlefront from GameStop & I was anxious to get it home for multiplayer fun, but I was wrong!
    You couldn't even access the net or fly without paying Sony for a PS-Plus membership.

I quickly sold all my PS4 games except one, Rocksmith. (which later I switched to PC/Steam)
    Recently I was reminded of this issue with Sony again, when I stupidly bought Civ6 for PS4, & I can't even link it to my E.A. account, w/o paying for PS-Plus.
    There is a bonus for linking your account, BTW.

Right now E.A. is offering EA-Play 1 month for $1, so I will try that. Hopefully I won't need to also pay for PS-Plus to use it:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/ea-play/ea-play-for-playstation

If it won't allow us to play local multiplayer, that will be a dealbreaker!

Does E.A.'s 'counter' start at 00:00 EST or 00:00 PST?
    I noticed their headquarters is in California.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have to check that out

neurotictim likes this.
  6. neurotictim

Feel free to add me, EA ID: neurotictim

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021