What's that in the background?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by levis76, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekhedd

tekhedd Tone chaser

Feb 9, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    Owner/operator of BYTE HEAVEN
    Based on the question, I was expecting to see something more... naughty. Very disappointed.

When I do rob CL buyers at my own home address, I'm very careful that the weapons I use in the mugging are not in the picture.

mikeyjm2 and GBassNorth like this.
  2. That looks like the top of an old fashioned wooden toolbox with a tool (a screwdriver or a chisel) leaning back against the handle:
    WoodenToolbox.jpg

3. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    You mean I wet my pants for nothing! So, is it ok to come out of my safe space now?

mikeyjm2, Fat Freddy and RickyWoo like this.
  4. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Well maybe you're right but like a flash light, it becomes useful where the sun don't shine. :whistle:

5. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    It's a part to the Flux capacitor......if you stare at it at 88.5 per hour weird things happen

6. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    The OP needs to enquire now that it's a thing. Otherwise this is wasted bandwidth

Fat Freddy likes this.
  7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    :rolleyes::facepalm:

GBassNorth likes this.
  8. "Oh GOD, not only can't I even find a step in this picture, but I'm truly terrified that some CL shyster will try to dupe me into buying an amp that he ruined while trying to hot rod it. The screwdriver he used is sitting right there in the tool box. In plain sight! Does the 8 ohm speaker work with the head? What if I ad a 4 ohm cab? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!..."

9. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Don't worry about it. It's a 75 and loud.

10. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Washington DC
    Expect him to have free speech too...

Ghastly likes this.
  11. I have to just shake my head and wonder about people who are apparently "horrified" by guns.

Pigeon-holing gun owners as lunatics or bad in any way is no different than disliking someone for the color of shin that their genetics awarded them.

It is ~for now~ a free country, and that means others are still FREE to do and own what they want to, even if you (and by "you" I mean people in general, not the OP specifically, so don't get butt-hurt) don't like it.

Back on topic, it is an umbrella in an umbrella or coat rack, or some such piece of entry-way furniture.

12. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    First thing I noticed; even before looking at the amp.
    Looks like an entry hall, and the brown object is probably a stand alone coat rack with hooks and a shelf on top for hats, gloves etc.

13. Firefighter@17

[email protected]

Jan 6, 2016

???...

14. tubedude

tubedude Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Ga
    It's a crutch.

tzohn likes this.
  15. I emailed yesterday to ask, but the seller hasn't responded yet. ;)

16. Lowness

Lowness Inactive

Mar 13, 2015
    Healdsburg, CA
    (rolls eyes)....yee haw

The point is this: if you need indicators in a photo to check for things like guns at a random house, you are naive.

If in doubt, expect every house in the US to have a gun.

17. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Yup, umbrella in a rack. Case closed.

18. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Urban assault umbrella. Illegal in my state!

alealex and GBassNorth like this.
  19. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    I've sold gear via CL and been forced to use this, on occasion...

[email protected] likes this.
  20. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Yep, and it looks like one of those high capacity ones with the full auto switch to open the umbrella. No one needs an umbrella like when hunting deer or doing target practice. It has one purpose, stopping rain drops dead in their tracks!
    Just because Gene Kelly uses one in a movie doesn't mean everybody should have one! In fact look (last 40 seconds of the video) how fast Gene ditches the umbrella and slips it to the hands of an accomplice once the police show up...

Yep, I'd avoid this craigslister or at least bring a bigger umbrella with me if I visit his house and be prepared to use it if necessary.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.