1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

XLNT SUPER CHEAP bass overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnk_10, Oct 28, 2013.

1. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    I just stripped the original down to metal, painted it with a primer/paint, printed the graphic on some photo paper, modge podged it on the pedal then I used a glaze spray to seal it all up. So far it the best solution I've found for cheap, individual custom stuff...

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Modge podged it???

3. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Awww, kids, ain't that adorable...

Its a glue/sealant/craft adhesive/varnish all-in-one product from the late 60's/early 70's.

4. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    My wife had to suggest it to me... Ha ha I wouldn't have known what it was either.

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This is exactly why I yanked the EMG's out of my Spectors. Like JohnK said, EMG's do not play well with pedals. I put Barts in one and DiMarzio's in the other (kept the preamps, just changed the volume pots). Fixed the pedal issue and the basses sound much better!

6. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Apr 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    F***, F***, F***, GOD DAMN IT! :mad::mad::mad:

now I have to go out and get some of this Mod Podge thanks alot! haha awesome design by the way Dago, if that was for your friend I'm curious to what design you decided to go with yours