1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yup, that is Dave Grohl.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JeffC, Sep 8, 2008.

1. JeffC

JeffC

Mar 8, 2007
    I was lucky enough to have a good friend who was able to get me and my buddies side stage at The Virgin Music Festival in Toronto this weekend. The bands were all really good and we had a great time.

We were watching the Against Me! set, really enjoying the energy those guys put out and just having a great time. At one point I just happened to look back over my shoulder and not 5 ft behind me is Dave Grohl!!!! He was just chillin' out watching the show. Really solid dude!

Oh and of course, the Foo's show was crazy good!

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Cool

3. dude what are you talking about? famous people dont exist.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Was he drunk?

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I met him out here once. Know what? He pees standing, in the bathroom, just like a mortal.

He is a very nice dude.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    No pics. No Dave.

7. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Here is one for all of you WASH DC people, I saw him in Mars Music (around Fairfax) years ago buying gear for his home studio right around the end of the Nirvana days. He and my guitarist got into a conversation about Super Nintendo because my guitarist was enough of a dork to wear a Mario shirt.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

He seems like a cool guy. I was lucky enough to see him earlier this year in Toronto when Geddy and Alex from Rush joined the Foos drummer to play YYZ. Groll sat on the corner of the stage drinking a Corona grooin' out to the tune.

Also, he is as funny as hell, too.

9. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I "ran into" him on suicidegirls.com several years ago, and managed to piss him off completely by accident.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Dave seems like a rockin dude ! :bassist:

11. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    i touched dave grohl once at a foo fighters/chili peppers concert, he told me to not stop but i lied and told him i was spoken for. he likes to come into the crowd,

12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    uh, oh. you didn't tell him to do a search, did you? :p:bag:

13. Emerald_gasH

Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    TO,ON,CA
    ahh that's pretty cool...and to think, i almost coulda gone had i heard about the concert earlier and known someone who wanted to go with me earlier...and had money..and a method of transportation...

yes, i could been there....:crying:

14. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Random question:

Does anyone else find the bass player for the Foo Fighters (Nate) to be creepy? Every interview or video, or anything I've seen with them, they all seem so normal. Except this guy. He seems creepy.

15. I was watching the bears game last night after band practise, and my guitarist pointed out the resemblance, it's uncanny.

ortongrohl.

16. Thats cool. Of all the bands I've seen live Dave definitely has the best crowd skills. (he says more than, thanks, yeah and Hows it going? Brisbane).

17. Dave is a pretty cool dude!
    His radio interview with metallica was funny as hell

18. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

He played in one of THE original emo bands before it got about dressing up like A Nightmare Before Christmas. Give the guy a break.

19. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    The whole band is very cool. I know Taylor's sister very well and get the nice inside advantages. Very funny, well grounded, music loving. I'd post a picture but she might kill me (they look like twins).

They all are humbled by the ability to make a career out of music and do NOT take it for granted. Check out Taylor's side project with Chris Cheney on bass, damn good. I think that it's called Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders.

20. Best name ever.