1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown RM-800 Head $350 ($700 everywhere else)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by os2k, Dec 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    lol, just got this after I cancelled my order!! BTW, this is the same story I heard when I called on the 23rd or 24th.

"I took another look at that bass amp head to see if I could figure out if we have any in stock or not. It appears that we just got 30 in stock and that with that shipment came a ton of other products. This means we are currently sorting through that and processing it into our inventory. We have them available for you, and it sounded like you really wanted this bass amp head. I can replace the order for you and I can also upgrade your shipping which will help it get out of the warehouse a bit quicker. If you would like to do this, please get in contact with me. I would rather make dreams come true then sadly see them crushed. Again, we do have the amp and we are shipping it out. Let me know if you would like to replace the order. Thanks."

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    See there? I called them today and they cancelled my order. Now, with all of the mixed information all of use have been getting I told them that I was not sure who had the correct information. I then told them that I felt if they were going to cancel my order and then received some of the amps, I felt that I should be entitled to get one at the sale price of $349.99. The person that I spoke with said that they would note the order so that if some were acquired, they would honor that price for me. Will that actually happen if they get some in? Who knows. I just got this email message from MF.....

Notice how the message states that they are not in stock "currently"? Not that they aren't available any longer? Something strange is definitely at work here....

3. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    They're probably waiting until everyone who paid $349 cancels their orders, then they'll put them back up for sale at $699 :roflmao:

fivestringdan likes this.
  4. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Yes, something strange like selling a $700 amp for $350, then realizing what you did and screwing with everyone who placed and order until they all cancel and don't have to fulfill!

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    LOL! That could very well be it!

6. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I was told in an email that they couldn't get any more in stock. Then I sent an email stating they have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with and that I wasn't going to buy anything from them again. Next email I got was, "We actually just got a shipment in and it should be shipping to you some time this week."

7. Jim C

Jim C Spector#496:More curves than Sophia + better sound Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    What a bunch of liars.
    Ashdown says they are available.

8. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

sounds like incompetence to me rather than malfeasance. most of the system is likely automated; someone may have put in some bad data at some point and it all flows downhill.

i know nothing.

9. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

None of us doubt the incompetence claim.

ebozzz and yodedude2 like this.
  10. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    They do it though. A few years back, they had the American Standard Jazz Bass listed at $499.00 (or something close to that). But the only one showing that price was the Candy Cola. I went so far as to call their Customer Service. She checked it, and said, "Yes, that's the price, but just for that one color."

I ordered one, then got a message a couple hours later saying that my order was cancelled. I called back and they said that price had been posted in error, and they could not honor such a low price. I explained that I had even called Cust. Svc. to verify and place the order. They said basically, "Sorry. We made an error, and cannot sell the item at that price." I think they offered me a 10% discount off of their regular price (which I declined).

I was a bit disappointed, but I could also understand their point of view. But I WILL say, I will always give kudos to Amazon for standing by their "Great Aguilar DB112NT Blunder" several years ago. As far as I know, they made good on all those orders. Probably the best deal I've ever gotten. Mistake or not, they made it good for those who ordered them...

yodedude2 and fivestringdan like this.
  11. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Hm, but then GC blew them out at $400. Ashdown products have been dramatically price slashed quite often lately, it looks like it was more of an inventory issue (which would also be bad data I suppose) and having no clue how to deal with it professionally...but then again this is also just a guess...I just got another back order notification a few minutes ago, not that it matters much

yodedude2 likes this.
  12. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I hope someone receives one. That would be great.

Jim C likes this.
  13. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Hey, I'm going to send you a private message related to this mess.

14. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

This is all kind of beating a dead horse, nevertheless, on phone and they say they are shipping Tuesday

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    If it happens, please let us know....

16. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Tell them I'd gladly pay them Tuesday for an Ashdown..today!

Jeff K, ebozzz and dave79 like this.
  17. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I think they'll be shipping out this week. I've done the customer service roulette and emailed them multiple times. I was getting mixed information for a while, but over the past week it had been consistent. The drummer in my band, who also happens to be my best friend, waited 3 months for an electronic drumset from MF at some point. So we'll see.

18. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    "I took another look at that bass amp head to see if I could figure out if we have any in stock or not. It appears that we just got 30 in stock and that with that shipment came a ton of other products. This means we are currently sorting through that and processing it into our inventory. We have them available for you, and it sounded like you really wanted this bass amp head. I can replace the order for you and I can also upgrade your shipping which will help it get out of the warehouse a bit quicker. If you would like to do this, please get in contact with me. I would rather make dreams come true then sadly see them crushed. Again, we do have the amp and we are shipping it out. Let me know if you would like to replace the order. Thanks."

One day later...

"I am super sorry, but I did misinform you about that amp head. I received more information that we don’t have this amp, let me know if there is a similar amp you would like to order instead with us. Sorry for the long wait and the confusion. If you need anything let me know. Thanks man."

Last email was Jan 12.

19. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    3 months? :rollno:

20. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I don't make a lot of money, so I'm willing to wait multiple months for this amp. I build high end cabinets for a living though

Attached Files: