1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bugera Veyron Now Available

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Acoustic356, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I feel the same!
    I have a Burgera Veyron MOSFET "2000" watt head coming in a day or 2.
    I like trying new equipment.
    Only way to be sure is to play them.
    My first bass rig was a new 1981 Fender Bassman 300 watt 15" combo ($1200)using a 69 Fender P bass.
    I was in hog heaven with my sound and awesome tone!
    Later when I tried Peavey solid state Combo 300 15" Black Widow.
    It was like going from cherries to lemons.
    Peavey is built tuff and priced cheap.
    I bought a new GK RB 800 running through a SVT 410. I really enjoyed the punchy lows and quality sound using 1999 American Fender Deluxe active Jazz 4 string.
    But after an amp failure after 3 months on a gig, I lost confidence fast!
    I never run my equipment hard only comfortably suitable.
    So I went back with new Peavey Max700 head for road ready durability and 2ohm load capability.
    Trying to keep up with the new MOSFET technology, I came across Burgera.
    I figure for $249 at Sweet water for A 15" turbo sound loaded cab with "1000" /2000 watt MOSFET amp with compression, I didn't have much to lose. I've been playing on the Burgera 15" kick back for over a year with no issues.
    I am pretty satisfied with the tone and decent power out put. I wish they would actually label the actual RMS output.
    700 watts RMS coming from my Peavey Max700 head@2 ohms is true to the ear and body of the air it pushes.
    I will find out soon to compare.
    I also bought a cheap Beringer ultra bass 300 watt head for a light back up amp.
    It sounds OK with decent power for a doable stage performance but it takes some time dialing in a decent tone.
    But I would accept the light weight, less powerful head vs heavy back breaking dead weight.
    Tone, durability and time will tell.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    cbdriver and SirMjac28 like this.
  2. RMS isn't valid without a distortion allowance.

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    It's a hell of a lot more realistic than peak, and especially when the units are not even defined.

4. That is the first thing I look for on the back of any amp for the RMS ratings.
    Since I was 15 playing music with an electronic wiz guitarist, I learned a good bit of valuable techy stuff!
    When you read 2000*watts on the description of an amp, and then don't see a RMS label on the back of that amp, that may be something to do with sales.
    But, in my opinion, if any musician is happy with his setup and sound, that is his business, but if he is trying to join, not a decent sounding band but a good sounding band.
    Sound quality is second to none in my opinion.
    I personally like constructive criticism, I only grow from there.
    That goes for sound quality, dynamics and performance.
    My 2 bits!

5. cbdriver

cbdriver

Mar 26, 2012
    W. Paducah, KY
    I have a Veyron M & I use a Zoom B3 through the efx loop into Hartke cabs. I love the lack of weight after lugging GK heads around for years. Since the Veyron is so clean, I favor the Zoom (sans amp & SVT) patches for some grit & coloration when I’m rockin out w/ a band setting. Was the Zoom ran through the efx loop or pre into head input?

Robear22, pvj scotland and cbassman55 like this.
  6. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Ran into the head input.

cbdriver likes this.
  7. I've just purchased the Mosfet version. I like it. For the small compact size it sure packs a punch. The dual compression really gives it a professional quality sound. I keep the master at full and gain as needed. Usually no more than 3 on the gain. The amp stays cool.
    I like it. So far so good!

cbdriver and pudgychef like this.
  8. cbdriver

cbdriver

Mar 26, 2012
    W. Paducah, KY
    Any efx or amp simulators used on the B3?

9. cbdriver

cbdriver

Mar 26, 2012
    W. Paducah, KY
    I’m glad yours is working well. I really like my Veyron M. I was so tired of wrestling a heavy amp around. One thing I love is that it’s so quiet. Many of the affordable class D amps have loud cooling fans which wouldn’t work in my church gig setting. I hope it proves to be solid & reliable long term because I decided to let my backup amp go in a trade a few weeks ago.

10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Hi @cbdriver I have to give you a new update. After using the Bugera stack for a while I ended up selling it. At first I was impressed but as time went on I felt the tone stack left a lot to be desired for me. It was loud enough, but I didn't get the tone out of it I wanted. So I sold the cab and amp and ended up buying 2 GK's. An MB200 and MB500. They are loud, growly and punchy, dependable, and very affordable. Hope you keep loving your amp!

cbdriver likes this.
  11. Bad to the bone!

SirMjac28 likes this.
  12. Yep! I always keep a spare. I would have never thought that my new GK head would have failed me on a gig. Only 3 months old. Time will tell!

13. So far so good on my end! Amp holding up! Stays cool!

cbdriver and SirMjac28 like this.
  14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That's really good to hear I hope the company continues to do well

cbdriver likes this.
  15. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    @SirMjac28 I was an early proponent for Behringer and Bugera products on TB. Years ago, like 2007 I bought Behringer PA equipment because it was so sturdy and best bang for the buck. I bought a couple Behringer combos and they are still working today. I've owned three Behringer PA's that I sold off and they're performing duty in bars and churches to this day.

There were a lot of small minded sm@rt@$$e$ that gave me grief because I would talk about how reliable they were. Then a couple years ago it seemed more and more people started buying their stuff. By the time I bought a Bugera Veyron with a Bugera 115 cab, there were actually enough people who were interested and asking questions. The negative comments were outweighed by positive questions.

I loved the Bugera but I couldn't get the tone I wanted. So for now I'm a GK guy. But Music Group has one of the largest most advanced manufacturing plants in the world. It has teamed with Turbosound, a world wide accepted sound company that does stadium and larger concerts.Uli Behringer built a great company with great products. I still keep an eye on his stuff because one day I think he'll come out with a line of ultralight cabs and micro amps that will be excellent. BTW I had a technical question about the Bugera amp and I got a personal response from Uli. That's good customer service. Germans are world renowned for designing excellent products.

pudgychef and SirMjac28 like this.
  16. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I remember you fighting that uphill battle and I'm still fighting one with the late 70's era Fenders people say are junk it makes me smile every time I play my '78 P :)

alaskaleftybass and pudgychef like this.
  17. pudgychef

pudgychef Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Remember when those same folks dismissed early MIJ era Fenders and Squiers as 'MIJ-Crap' - they also dismissed Honda and Toyota...Ibanez was 'I been had' some myths just linger......

I keep wanting Behringer/Bugera to update their pedal/pre-amp, bass driver options - give me a built in tuner, opti-comp, boost before drive, mid knob and cab emulation for $100 :)

I really would like to hear one of these Bugera heads and I understand the new cabs sound great. Maybe some 1x12s in the future? :)

alaskaleftybass and SirMjac28 like this.
  18. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Since they now own TC, maybe some cross pollination will occur

19. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Connecticut
    There's probably an answer to my questions in the thread but I haven't found one so I'll post anew.
    It is safe to use one for the Mosfet versions with a Berg or other cabinet rated for 700 watts. There's been a lot of debate about the wattage so I thought I'd ask about the minimum safe cab wattage. Any thoughts are appreciated.

20. I've been using my Veyron MOSFET for about a year now. It's seen about 15-20 gigs and 1-2 full volume band rehearsals per week during that time. The cabs primarily used are a pair of Avatar B210 neos with Deltalite 2510's rated for 500 watts. Before I had the Avatars, it was powering a Peavey 410TX rated for 700W on top of a 400W rated 1x15 Black Widow equipped Peavey.

I know these cabs aren't quite on the level of a Berg, but both set ups provided me with gobs of clean power. Lots of volume, stress free thunderous lows, and the head has more than enough power to push the cabs. I don't dare use maximum volume for fear of damaging drivers. A good friend of mine uses my rig for rehearsal at the studio in my home. He's looking to sell his 700W Markbass head and picking up a Veyron MOSFET. He's tried both heads through my set ups as well as his Markbass 210/115 stack. We both agree the Veyron sounds more full, clean, rich and powerful. Basses used have been a pair of German Warwicks, a Kiesel multiscale, USA Hamer Cruise, a Brubaker Brute, and a US Fender P/HB. The Veyron wins in every scenario.

As far as minimum safe cab wattage goes... I might be ignorant for saying this, but I would rather have more power than the cab needs as opposed to underpowering speakers. I feel I've become adept at whether I'm hearing amp clipping or driver stress. All the speaker configurations listed have done very well at outdoor gigs which is my favorite type of venue to really open things up.

As always YMMV, but I'm a believer.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018