1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Just received mine up in Canada. Ordered a couple and now have one for every Sadowsky I own. I agree comfortable like a warm hug from the gf.

R&B, lgrankin and Fuzzbass like this.
  2. deepestend

deepestend Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Those went quick... I just put 25 more neo straps in the closeout section in case anyone else missed out.

SadowskySteve, R&B, Fred312b and 3 others like this.
  3. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

Would those be too long if you like to wear your bass at a medium height? :bassist:

4. stingray78

stingray78 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2012
    For me the answer is no, but I would say that depends on your size, your bass and what you consider medium. In the shortest setting my long NeoStrap measures 47.5 inches strap hole to strap hole. If you compare that to one of your existing straps, you have your answer.

Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 12:55 PM
    KenMoore05, R&B, 31HZ and 1 other person like this.
  5. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    I scored one and installed it immediately.

I normally use Mono Betty straps which are great, but this NEO strap eliminates a
    metal buckle on the front tab, and does not bash my prized possession.

Very comfortable.

If Roger still has them, I’d suggest getting one.

The Sadowsky logo is a bonus.

R&B and gustobassman like this.
  6. Chris Breese

Chris Breese Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    Farmington, IL USA
    Got mine ordered.

7. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS
    Rockin’ #1, my 2012 NYC Standard 4 this past weekend!!
    5A16683D-6BB8-4DB6-A7AD-6FEBBDAAC85F.jpeg

DJDanny, Lex P., Todd Larson and 21 others like this.
  8. Chris Breese

Chris Breese Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    Farmington, IL USA
    Nice strap!

9. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Thanks for that data. Too long for me, but congrats to all for whom this strap works.

stingray78 likes this.
  10. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Seems like Sadowsky is turning into Ibanez! With all of their newer cheaper lines, does one still have to order an NYC to get 70's pickup spacing or a 1.75in 5 string nut width? ;)

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I still have a Sadowsky Neostrap that I keep in rotation at home. Must be the regular size one, because it's as low as it'll go.

It's a comfy strap, for sure! The reason I haven't gigged it is because of the stretch factor: there's a couple/few inches of play, and onstage I prefer more stability. That said, I'm certain I could get used to it if I stuck with it long enough.

kevk and mmbass21 like this.
  12. Is yours older? My strap doesn't stretch at all. Love using it on gigs.

13. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I had some non-Sadowsky neo straps before, and the "bounce" factor, along with the fact they felt even "hotter" on warm days than leather did to me, were the reasons I stopped using them. That said, I think the Sadowsky straps are designed differently to restrict that bounce factor, so they're better, but I still ended up preferring my older leather straps, so that's why I sold my (barely used) Sadowsky neo strap. Good strap, just not my thing.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I got my first Sadowsky in 2005 and it's possible I got the strap shortly afterward. Don't really remember, but yeah, I probably have an older one.

Edit for Vic: mine is branded Sadowsky. I was probably an early adopter of the original version, subsequently improved.

15. cxcxcx

cxcxcx

Mar 8, 2019
    I just received a closeout long strap. It’s not a bouncy strap at all. As mentioned, older designs were built differently and did have a stretch to them.

I can’t work with a stretchy strap, and my favorite strap ever was the old cotton web Earth III straps that Roger actually reissued a while back. I have other types but those are my go-to items. I don’t think they’re available anymore and it didn’t seem like the straps would be an evergreen offering in the Sadowsky store. They’re unobtrusive but still very 80s. I did a sobering assessment of how many years I have left to play music in a happy and healthy manner. I divided that how long it takes to wear out those straps, considered the number of instruments I play regularly, and accumulated a lifetime supply of them. My demise is not near, and the number of straps I have is a double digit!

kobass, GregC, mmbass21 and 2 others like this.
  16. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Morbidly practical but a great reminder: strap in and spank that bass thing, because life is fleeting.

atrapp, kobass, SadowskySteve and 8 others like this.
  17. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I don't agree. If you are talking about a Les Paul, where the top is 1/2" thick in the middle, you are 100% correct. However, our tops finish out to about 1/10" and I do not hear any tonal difference regarding all the various figured tops we use.

18. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Bayside, New York
    That bass is awesome !

Joeykun likes this.
  19. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    It has always driven me crazy how difficult it is to install strap locks on normal straps as the hole is too small. And if it is difficult for me, I can't imagine how difficult it is for others. I have all of my straps made with a 3/8" (9.5mm) hole for that reason.

vanderbe, danclaro, lgrankin and 12 others like this.
  20. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    They are custom-made to my specs.

danclaro, ceerod, MOSCOWBASS and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021