CWB Five Flavor Discount

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Thor, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

LOLOL - too funny! I don't understand jazz, which is why I don't say much about it. From what I've listened to, there's not a lot that gets repeated.

2. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    Thanks guys for the encouragement and ego boost. I need to keep reading also my "words to Bass by" Which is sayings and truths I culled from a few threads here that is taped in my practice space. Remind me later to post those.

I need to find a few other well aged fellas or girls that want to jam and play.

This is what is so awesome about this group of peeps! Thanks for the kick in the butt!

( And Chicks with basses and hot shoes are awesome too!)

3. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    Listen to the bass part in "Some Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. Moves your soul!

4. Gary_RP

Gary_RP

Nov 2, 2008
    I've been reading and lurking my way through this thread since it started and I am just amazed. Part Five and no signs of slowing down. It truly is the 'instant message' thread of Talk Bass.

I am really enjoying the discussions and look forward to more of the same.

Cheers,

G

5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I was thinking the same thing ....

Attached Files:

• t2h.jpg
      t2h.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
  6. The Deej

The Deej

May 24, 2011
    Vancouver BC
    I'm cool with it. To be honest the other sub-titles came from board suggestions, not me anyway. Thanks for getting stuff started Thor.

7. Nicely done. :D

8. Tat2dHeart

Dave, that's amazing! Thank you!

9. attachment.jpg

I love this...

10. Thanks!:p

11. Thanks for posting - I know we gets lots of lurkers who never join in. You know, though, pics are mandatory here. :D

12. Tat2dHeart

Gary,

Welcome! Come on in, have a sit-down, tell us about your basses and show us your spoons! Please? Pleaseplease? Pleasepleaseplease?

Sorry - there I go begging again.

13. lareamond

lareamond

Nov 16, 2010
    I'll take 50 copies!

My love for Tat grows each and every day. She is always in my thoughts, my dreams. <3

14. Tat2dHeart

Stu - when I come up at Christmas, you should join us for a drink. Yeah, it's a drive, but we could make it all work.

And think about this - we should make it a goal - imagine what it would be like if you, FM, PA, me and whomever else just showed up at an open mic or open jam to hang out and play. They'd all be in shock - most of them don't get a lot of bassists, so the ones who do come get a workout.

15. They wouldn't know what hit them. (And I don't necessarily mean musically, either... we'd be a wild bunch for sure.) :hyper:

16. You could meet up with me and we could drive down together. :p

17. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    I would need more then one drink, but this would be fun!

18. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    You're welcome :)

OK Tat, I'm WAY overdue but I finally took a minute to get a picture of my Warwick - a honey violin 2004 FNA Jazzman. If you're out of eye bleach then you'll want to focus on the hot thing in the foreground rather than the doofus in the background. :p ;)

I was sure my Stingray 5 was going to be my long-term number one. I still love it, but this one has taken over the number one spot. I consciously pick up my Stingray and my Precision V just to make sure I play them, but if I'm just grabbing a bass without thinking about what I'm doing I seem to always go right to this one.

Attached Files:

19. Tat2dHeart

We have the beginnings of a GTG here - Stu and his ladylove meet FM and her hubs in Chicagoland, they come on to meet me somewhere south of there, and we go East to meet PA and her other half in the middle. This could totally work. PA, you should bring along the TBer you met a few weeks ago and his hottie wife, too. We could turn this into a regular party.

20. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I kind of disagree with that. I have talked a lot with that unwashed jazzer, forum admin and kind of baldish shave my head to avoid the combover guy Chris Spitzoverhimselfalot over the years and he seems pretty much as lost as me, even though he teaches bass at some midwestern basketball power (knowing that those guys will make more in a year than him in a lifetime). I believe the rule that the longer you play, the less you know applies here. I am getting to the point where I know nothing. However, y'all y'all are reminding me that that is ok, and I should be Proud of All I Have Forgotten.

Anyway, Head, solo, signpost, solo, signpost ... jazz bassist solo on the high notes ... solo, signpost, repeat Head for Outro. Quote lots of flatted diminished or augmented chords that the bassist can ignore. Play Loud and Low. Look Proud. Complain about microtonalism and offtime drummer. Collect your cut as soon as possible before the horn players run up a big bar tab. Easy.

Just to reiterate, we are all friends here. Feel free to chime in whenever you like. You can shave your legs if it moves you.

Deej, it's your legacy and your threads, and your mojo there girl. I had to make the jump, but the titles are your call and you can change it to whatever you like. Good to see you back home. PM me if you have an epiphany.

I have to say, I think the vibe has settled down (maybe back to school?) but it has been peaceful, pleasant and troll free. Not that is was an issue with the CWB's but thread 2 got really hairy for a while.

THand, hope you are doing ok! Chuck, keep the shirts coming, I LOVE them, you need to PM me the site as I have few I would like to order if not too dear.

Never got the shoe mission done, family issues, sorry, can't be helped. Just doing the best I can, one day at a time. Back to rebuilding my musical life and I have good players around me that love and care for me, so I am good. :bassist:

Wacko, you are alright, I don't care what they say about you in all those pm's I get. I get those same pm's about Gard, but he is much more jerkworthy.

My wife came by work the other day and noted that the cubicle was a 'shrine to your own bass playing'. I never had but one pic from the 70's, so I printed some from the last few years to pin up. But now I am going to print the FM artist pic and add it to the cubbie HOF. Just so it's not ALL ABOUT ME.

I have a great pic of my old guitar player Ronnie at a benefit 2 years ago, where it is obvious that he was struck with The Spirit, or 'In The Zone' or just blowing the stage down. I recall the guitarist from the next band wouldn't shake his hand or acknowledge him. He blew me away and was a hard guy to come on after. I have it on my work 'puter, will post it tomorrow.

He's the guy you call when your life turns to crap and you need someone. He will always be there for you. Can't say that about many people. Ronnie Dee is the MAN!

Anyway, I wanted the pic on a shirt with a good caption. I know you guys will come through. I think I posted the pic of us in 1977 a few threads back. I'll get it up tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping the passion alive guys, I really appreciate that, in so many small ways it adds up to a big thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.