1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    On another note..here, especially for G-Dog..enjoy!

G-Dog and GonePlaid like this.
  2. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Cool. That's what I use my 40 for. I'll get you a number, but right now they are on backorder*

*Had a computer problem and have lost all the numbers after 912. I'll need to sift through the thread and get that fixed. Hopefully by tomorrow.

RedVee and GonePlaid like this.
  3. munkeyfish

munkeyfish Supporting Member

Ok Update time, For now...

Got the second cab and the replacement speakers. I have not replaced the speakers as of yet. I was able to find an original V3 10" that is inbound as I write this. I'm going to wait on the original before I replace both in the cab. If all is well, I'll be returning the speakers I bought.

I did stack and try the 2 cabs together. Even with an ill speaker, the glory of the 2 cabs can't be denied! Wholly molly! Anything of 1/4 on the master is lethal! I'm going to be trying out other configurations after I get the speakers sorted. Side by side, far apart V shaped. My drummer would like the V I'm sure.

Needless to say, I'm real happy with results. I never complained with just 1 cab, but with 2 will make it all that much better.

4. So you now have a good understanding of the 'cabinet coupling effect'?

Giffro, munkeyfish and GonePlaid like this.
  5. munkeyfish

Yes I do. And I have a great curiosity to try things out. I love to experiment.

I will say doing the 2x 210 cabs was a great way to go. I thought about maybe a 410 or maybe a 112 or 115. But I wanted that coupling effect.

6. It is a good desire to have.

GonePlaid and JakobT like this.
  7. munkeyfish

Shot from the other Day when testing the 2 together.

Attached Files:

8. Hooskerdu

Hooskerdu

Mar 26, 2018
    Even though I really like having the Stage 800, there is something to be said for the simplicity and great sound of the Rumble V3s and being able to add a little grit with the turn of the Overdrive knob. I had the Rumble 500 for a couple weeks, and loved the sound, but it started making a distinct foreign sound, so I took it back. By that time the Stage 800 was on display, so I played it a while and ended up buying.

Giffro, dbbltime and GonePlaid like this.
  9. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    So after the great success I've had with the tone and portability, I'm bringing the 500c to our next gig. The first gig was with this extension cab...
    Fender Combo Stack 1. Fender Combo Stack 2.
    (yes, that is an Ampeg PF210he cabinet with a home-made Fender grill).

BUT, I just got a like-new Rumble 210 cabinet which will make the gig on Saturday.

I really love the tone this amp gets with my Sadowsky RV5, and I imagine the Fender/Fender cab will be even better, because the Fender 210 cab is....lighter!!!!

10. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #919! So sorry for the delay. We just received a fresh shipment of numbers at the Fender Rumble Club Warehouse. Rumble on!

11. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Hey, I guess it's time I got a number, too. Can you set me up, please?

Giffro, cbnutt and GonePlaid like this.
  12. cbnutt

cbnutt

Jan 9, 2018
    I guess I need a number too ! :)

Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  13. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    No, someone already has #2

14. Michael ONeill

Michael ONeill

Feb 11, 2018
    I have a rumble 40 ans a 200 .does that qualify me for a number of some sort ? Lol

BBassBassington, Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  15. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Same ones I have and I'm # 721 so I guess you'll be in.:thumbsup:

Michael ONeill likes this.
  16. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Can't remember if this was posted or not...oh well even second time around is worth another shot loll

17. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Hang on in there Michael..the number man (GraveDigger Dav) wont be far away and it looks like he has a few new members to number up. Welcome to the club.

GonePlaid likes this.
  18. Michael ONeill

Michael ONeill

Feb 11, 2018
    Thanks

GonePlaid and Pbassmanca like this.
  19. amoodymule

amoodymule

May 25, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Yes a Rumble number as well :wacky:,
    I'm diggin' my Rumble 40 so much, I am pulling the trigger on the R500 head and 2-10 cab, the next cab is still up in the air, 2-10 or 1-15...

yep, plenty of time to make that decision :D

20. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    I have the 500Combo which has the 2x10" drivers plus I run the external 115 Rumble cab and for my use I find the 15" cab works great with the 2x10" cab. I know a heap of guys would use another 2x10" cab..anyway the experts will be able to help soon.

GonePlaid, TimB 619 and amoodymule like this.