1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Because the audience can now see you better, since they have the sun behind them.

BBassBassington and GonePlaid like this.
  2. Why?

And do you mean generally, or do you mean specifically when emulating that Bassman tube amp?

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    NOTES FROM THE FIELD:

The old-skool Rumble 100 does just fine with a 1958 Gibson Skylark lap steel. I had that sucker up against about a fifty-piece orchestra, full horns and woodwinds, full percussion lineup, in a 600-seat space. Amp volume only had to go to about 45%; Skylark volume on 7 or 8.

Sounded great to the audience.

4. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    i think he means he need to go number two.

randini and GonePlaid like this.
  5. TimB 619

TimB 619

May 28, 2010
    Cape Cod, MA
    I use the Rumble 1X15 cab with my Rumble 500C, its a great combination.

Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Tone; Responsiveness, and Headroom. Pushing the amp hard and using all it has to offer is always best.

Giffro, randini and GonePlaid like this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Get a pair of Rumble 115s.

Mvf, OldFunBass, Giffro and 2 others like this.
  8. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #920! Consider yourself set up. What do you have? Send some pics and Rumble on!

GonePlaid likes this.
  9. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #921. What do you have? Send some pics and Rumble on!

GonePlaid likes this.
  10. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #922! With those two, you should be ready for just about anything.

11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Come On 1,000!

12. amoodymule

amoodymule

May 25, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Yes, that has crossed my mind, the 1-15 cabs are rated 300w and then the 2-10 700w, so I wonder what will be the chances of wearing out a 300w spkr, that is one reason the 2-10 cab looks favorable.

1 cab will be at the rehearsal room, upstairs, all I have to haul there will be the R500 and my bass.
    The other one is for my main band in which I play guitar, and our bassist will rehearse with that cab and head,
    yes, convenient for him o_O (it has been for a few years)

But, when I gig with the band I play bass in, both cabs will be "RUMBLIN'" you can bet on it :smug::D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Hey all, it's me again! (anyone miss me... no?.... :whistle:) anyway, I want to get a rumble 500 head and wondering any 2x10 rumble cabs out there, (cos the 500 combo is a 2x10 but i already have a r100 combo, i want a head and cab now) or a cab that's 500 watt roughly that I can use with a rumble 500 head?
    how much does it weigh?
    Thanks. Really apreciate the support guys.

of all the clubs im a part of (which is not a lot, actually...) the rumble club is the most supportive, interesting, and coolest club out there!

:roflmao: Keep Rockin' You Rumblers!! :roflmao: :bassist:

EDIT: Also what is the difference between program wattage and continuous wattage on the cabs?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    GonePlaid likes this.
  14. munkeyfish

munkeyfish Supporting Member

I'm running the 500 head with 2 of the 210 cabs now. I can't say enough good stuff about it. I ran just 1 cab since 2016 and had no issues, just wanted to try it with 2 cabs.

(Well I did have a speaker go in the old cab, but that is being fixed as we speak)

BBassBassington and GonePlaid like this.
  15. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    nill

16. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    See the Fender Rumble V3 Summary Info on the Fender Rumble Club Wiki page for sizes, weights, costs, etc.

Notice that the separate head and cabinet weighs more and costs more than the combo. And both only gives you 350 watts thru the 8 ohm 210. They both need another 8 ohm cab to get to 500 watts.

BBassBassington, Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  17. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    ok so ur saying the 500 head needs 2 cabs to actually reach 500 watts, and that it's actually 350 watts?

with what cabinet are you referring to?

are u saying i should get a 500 combo? is it 500 watt straight up with no additional cabs?

GonePlaid likes this.
  18. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    ok lads im lookin at 115 cab with 500 head. Yay or Nay?

Michael B and GonePlaid like this.
  19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    buy a pair of Rumble 115s

Giffro, GonePlaid and Gravedigger Dav like this.
  20. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    The 500 head puts out "only" 350 watts at 8 ohms (one Rumble cab), or 500 watts at 4 ohms (two Rumble cabs). You could get a single 4 ohm cab somewhere else.

All the Rumble cabs are 8 ohms. Other brands and configurations may be almost anything.

IF you wish to save money and/or weight the combo costs less and weighs less and gives the same result as the head and cab. Both are only 350 watts "straight up" with no additional cabs. Both need one additional 8 ohm cab to get the full 500 watts.

BBassBassington, Giffro and GonePlaid like this.