Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    0D99D673-EED5-4E27-A331-7FF76498BDD3.jpeg 521DE53D-82AC-44EE-8747-3D110C388B4C.jpeg F62674B2-3789-42E2-98C9-2AEB894C74F7.jpeg B47746E8-7BF5-401F-983B-E05E4A32491E.jpeg
    So I basically got a free Rumble 210 cab... it was a combo that wouldn’t power up. Fender replaced the customer’s amp and gave me instructions to destroy the amp. I have to send pictures to prove that the unit was destroyed as well as remove the serial number... but the cab was fair game to keep! Does anyone have a schematic handy that can tell me which wire is which? I’m planning on wiring a speaker jack to the harness pictured above. I’m also hoping that the two red wires from the horn on/off switch will work with this rigged setup.

lizardking837, tindrum, MCF and 2 others like this.
  2. The @LazerCrazer Blues

3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    that is correct.

Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  4. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    So I sent an email to Fender saying that a lot of us here in the club have expressed interest in a 2x12 Rumble cab. Got a reply: "thanks for the suggestion; will pass along to the design team". Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess.:thumbsup:

5. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Hmmm. Wonder how a pair of those would sound with the new 800 head.

[​IMG]

6. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Did ya send 'em a photoshopped pic, Goner?

7. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Poking people in the eye with sharp sticks is obviously outside the remit of Fender Customer Service. Thankfully. :)

8. Ya gotta give it to me baby!
    Lawrd ya gotta give it to me!

GonePlaid likes this.
  9. The 800 Stage definitely needs a little help with the lows so far as I can tell. A lot of the problem is probably my room and all the bones rattling in the ducts though...
    It's not hard to get the sounds I'm looking for out of it but it's definitely crying for bigger speakers.

GonePlaid likes this.
  10. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I wonder if its bigger speakers, or an HPF or better EQ thats needed?

GonePlaid likes this.
  11. It's got a seven band EQ in the signal chain, the three band pots for quick adjustments and a couple global presets that I suppose are intended to quickly adjust to a different space.
    Some of the presets don't struggle with it so much but most of them sound a little overdriven for my tastes out of the box. The presets are definitely there just as a basic introduction to the modeling capabilities.

Cardsfan_69 and GonePlaid like this.
  12. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Well then, although my Studio 40 is a much smaller brother to the Stage, I have had no problem in achieving a wide variety of tones that are acceptable to me. Conclusion: I guess bigger speakers are in your future!

13. It's definitely got the capability. Just requires a lot of tinkering.
    I haven't looked in the Fender Tone tone pool yet. Ever take a peek for the Studio 40? If so is there much content available?

GonePlaid likes this.
  14. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Why don't you take a look and report back?

20GLJazz and GonePlaid like this.
  15. Unfortunately my phone isn't compatible with the app lol. Gonna pick up a cheap IPad I suppose since it'll interface with the mixer too but I gotta chill out on gear for a couple weeks. Turns out the funk has very little nutritional value.

Cardsfan_69, GonePlaid and JPDsma like this.
  16. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    :eyebrow:

GonePlaid likes this.
  17. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Just curious, Lazeroo, how does preset #9 "Deep Rumble" sound to you? On my Studio it is TOTALLY chock full o' lows and I love it too much! (But, so far, I always have the Master pretty low, 9, maybe 10 o'clock max, and the volume on my bass around 6 to 8. It might sound different cranked.)

I just checked and confirmed my recollection that none of the "Amp Models" in the TONE POOL are Stage or Studio, or LT25. Actually, the other columns are not really suitable for the modeling Rumbles. We probably need a different form for them.

GonePlaid and MCF like this.
  18. I definitely don't hate it. Pretty sure that one moved the entire drumset on its own. You're right the couple presets that are really clean do have good bottom. Maybe it's just all the rumble v2 presets that are making me think the lows sound synth-ie and distorted. I need to take it out to my folks where our rehearsal room isn't such a barrier to good sound. I like the KGB clean model a lot too.

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  19. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses
    Couple more months and several more gigs.... Still loving my Rumble 500. I had originally planned on getting a 210 extension cab, but still haven’t felt the need. I’m still using a Sans Amp in front of it- adds a bit of boost and I think it sounds great. It has covered a bigger range of gigs than I expected- I just played a big multi band outdoor festival- was going to take my big rig- but I was told the load in was horrible and the band changeover had to be super quick. Took a chance and took the Rumble- it didn’t disappoint(though I was able to but a bit of bass in my monitor, so I cheated! ) But I walked off stage and out the gate, bass over my shoulder and Rumble in the other.... as I watched the next bass player attempt to roll his SVT rig through a muddy field and down a gravel road. I continue to think the Rumble May have been the best investment I’ve ever made!

A couple pics from a theater gig I did with Doug Stone in Mississippi- I’ve thought about getting a second Rumble and keeping it on the bus... Seems to be the only amp I use on his gig.

Attached Files:

richwag, JPDsma, GonePlaid and 6 others like this.
  20. That's a pretty impressive list of names in your sig line!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021