Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. coast2coast

coast2coast

Apr 24, 2015
    UK
    Absolute classic. I kept this on VHS and the soundtrack on cassette until they withered away. Brilliant music and legends aside, the amount of over the top police/army and trashing of cop cars (numerous one scene) is unthinkable and I've never seen anything like it since.

Thanks for pointing out Joe Walsh. I never spotted him before.

On a crap note, my R500c is delayed. The courier took it to the wrong city. Once it come to my city a day late (Saturday), it got locked in a trailer within the depot for security along with the other weekday deliveries so that the courier only had the Saturday deliveries to contend with. Therefore, I couldn't even collect it. I'm getting it Monday now. Thankfully this type of thing doesn't happen to me often. I've generally been lucky. The only real issue I've had is when the Icelandic Ash Cloud of 2010 delayed an API 2500 Compressor/Limiter getting to me from New York.

Keep safe and well everyone. :nailbiting:

C2C

2. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Did anyone know Rich Koerner? He was s tube guy (helped develop the PS400), but I’d love to know what he thought of Rumbles. I hadn’t touched one when was still around.

3. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Reminds me of the delay getting an engagement ring I purchased which had been routed via a company doing business from the World Trade Center....

In hindsight it was a clear omen....

ak56, RedVee, Pulverizor and 5 others like this.
  4. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :eyebrow::nailbiting:

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  5. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Can relate, though none of my ex's live in Texas.

6. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    After we do the "Ex's" song, I almost always point out that I've been trying to get the lead singer to sing the obscure 4th verse: all my ex's changed their sex's.

RedVee, chupacerveza, Ronzo and 5 others like this.
  7. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    thats-funny-right-lf8x4m.jpg

8. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Thank you. Be here all week. Take care of your servers and bartenders.

9. AKA...the Bruce Jenner Song.

10-4 Good Buddy.....:eek:

10. richwag

richwag

Dec 14, 2018
    So what part of your Rumble would you improve or make better if you could?

For me, I think the distortion controls are a bit weak. A blend would be nice for sure. I ended up buying a Darkglass Alpha-Omega dual to have more control when I needed a distorted sound.

11. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Since I never use the o/d-except as 'mute'-I can't think of anything except the "long-awaited" 2x12 cab.

12. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    I don't use overdrive either. My only little tiny quibble is those three buttons for bright, contour and vintage. They're so tiny. I could use slightly taller buttons. I tried marking a blue circle around each button, so I could see if they're pressed in or not, but they're so small I can't even see that, especially in a dark club. That's a pretty small complaint, though.

GonePlaid, jt62 and Miles_ONeal like this.
  13. richwag

richwag

Dec 14, 2018
    Do you find the vintage setting a bit too dark? On my basses it seems to punch up low mids quite a bit but I feel like I lose punch with it.

chupacerveza and GonePlaid like this.
  14. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I do. I hardly ever use the vintage button, for that reason. I do use the contour, particularly with my Ibanez Mikro bass. Don't use the bright.

chupacerveza and GonePlaid like this.
  15. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, all members of the Fender Rumble Club, for joining and sharing your Rumblings here. Today's latest Membership List, aka Roster, has been attached here and linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page in the Rumble Club Membership Lists section. You have created a great Rumblers neighborhood in the overall TalkBass community. Thank you, for making it an amazing place!

While the information and discussions here are always of interest, I very much appreciate the civility and genuine helpfulness that shines through, too. Thank you for that, too. Have a great 2020, and . . . .

Rumble On!

Attached Files:

16. Vintage may be OK for low volume playing, but to me it just seems to be a volume boost with the highs rolled off (so you get an apparent bass boost), so if you are playing loud with vintage you don't have the high mids or highs to cut through the mix.

chupacerveza, JPDsma, richwag and 2 others like this.
  17. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Hey, Marc, how about showing us a pic of your Rumble? :thumbsup:

GonePlaid likes this.
  18. Tonight I will post a pic of my 2 Rumbles, raking leaves right now.

19. J-Bassomatic

J-Bassomatic

Mar 30, 2017
    Canton OH
    Quite a distinguished list it is G-Dog. Thanks! Rumble on indeed.

20. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Interesting. I don't use much treble, but find I need to use the bright for some clarity. I usually start with G-9, both o/d's-7, B-10, L+H mids-2, T~10, V-10, then adjust to the room. Buttons as needed.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021