Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. EncoremMP

EncoremMP

May 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Hey all. Ill chime in here. UPS (and other shippers) charge an exorbitant amount for packing an item. Almost as much or more than shipping. I have shipped amps and basses and NEVER paid more than $60 for insured shipping (even had an item go to Toronto).

bhendrix and SoulReflection like this.
  2. bassdeal

bassdeal

Jan 6, 2018
    I just tried this out with my R40 with speaker output and it did not produce any significant volume difference either with the bass or Aux In player.

KevinMG and SoulReflection like this.
  3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I'm in S.E FL and for the weight/dimensions(boxed)their website calculated $125 to LA(insured $400).

Miles_ONeal likes this.
  4. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Oops! Local pickup or UHaul for supplies and UPS with insurance, of course, pics are required.

5. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Well - you did a great job packing my Rumble 112 v3! Yes, unbeknownst to me, I purchased this beauty from a fellow TBer! Arrived today - gonna be over at drummers house tomorrow for it's first spin under the 500c.
    IMG_20200819_155043733.jpg

Thanks for a seamless transaction, great packing and fast shipping!:thumbsup:

6. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh - forgot - and in anticipation of this Rumble NCD, I ordered one of those $19 Fender covers for the 210 cab since they don't make em for the 112. Same width, same depth, just trimmed about 4 inches off the bottom and there ya go! :smug:

IMG_20200819_155137173_MP.jpg

7. EncoremMP

EncoremMP

May 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Happy it arrived safe and timely! Enjoy!!!

8. Bibia

Bibia

Aug 13, 2020
    Guys, I still can't decide whether to pick rumble 40 or 25 for my G&L L2500 tribute (5 strings). Can u please advise? I will mainly use it with headphone, since I lived in a small apartment. I tried 25, but with a cheaper 5 strings bass in the store (Cort GB75, I think). Will it be sounded significantly better too on 40, if playing it with the headphone? The price gap quite much in my country. But if it is significantly better, I may pick that 40. Sadly, there was no stock in the store I visited to test it by myself. I may order it online somewhere.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  9. Gustopher

Gustopher Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    If it's going to be mostly used with headphones, the 25 will sound the same as the 40... if you plan on using it without headphones the 40 will definitely sound a little better.

10. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The 25 is good, but get the 40. You’ll be glad you did.

11. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    The 40 has the full Rumble EQ section. The 25 does not. When you do play through the amp, the 40 will handle the low B string a LOT better.

I know it's easy to recommend that someone else spend the extra money, but in this case, you will never regret it. The 40 is an all-around excellent little amp that's giggable in small locations and will serve you well for a long time.

If you haven't seen this review of small combos (posted earlier somewhere in this thread), check it out.

John Paul S, bhendrix, Bibia and 2 others like this.
  12. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    The phrase "a few pages back" is useful. 'Course it might be a few hundred but why quibble over details.:smug:

13. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I didn't have Doc Brown's Delorean available, so I skipped the detail. :rolleyes:

TeamTimeCar.com-BTTF_DeLorean_Time_Machine-OtoGodfrey.com-JMortonPhoto.com-07.jpg

14. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Go for the 40.

15. Bibia

Bibia

Aug 13, 2020
    Thanks all, for the advise. Looks like rumble 40 still the winner here. I still need to find local store that have it to test the sound. Or.. Go wild n order it from local online store. Then I broke. LOL.

TheMaartian likes this.
  16. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    C1B8D243-06C0-4526-B9E9-AB00FFA125CB.jpeg Back when playing out was a thing.

17. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

The Rumble 15, 25 & 40 differ from each other by the contols, and tone flexibility, they have.

PSX_20200820_124036.jpg
    The Rumble 15 has only 4 basic controls for Volume, Bass, Mid & Treble. It does have an Aux In and Phones output and that's all. It's the bare minimum stuff for a bargain basement price.

PSX_20200820_124100.jpg
    The Rumble 25 has a couple of extras above the 15. In addition to the basic controls for Volume, Bass, Mid & Trebke, it has an Overdrive button and a Contour button for more tone voicing. When the Overdrive is on it adds distortion to the tone and increasing the Volume control increases the distortion. When the Contour is on it provides a mid-cut "fat" tone for various uses, including low volume practice, but there is no adjustment for it. You can use either, or both, buttons as you like. The only I/O is Aux In and Phones out.

PSX_20200820_124129.jpg
    The Rumble 40 is the smallest Rumble amp to have the full controls as the larger, more expensive, Rumble amps, adding a Gain control, Vintage voicing button, Drive & Level controls for the Overdrive, replacing the Mid with Low Mid & High Mid controls, and a Master volume control. The Aux In and Phones out are moved to the back where there is also a Footswitch connection (footswitch not included) to turn the Overdrive on & off, and a balanced XLR Out with Ground Lift switch for connecting to a PA or recording system.

I hope this overview can help shoppers decide on the model they want/need.

CallMeAl, Ronzo, droo46 and 13 others like this.
  18. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Nicely done, G-Dog.

G-Dog likes this.
  19. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    And a Studio 40 to round out the comparisons...

G-Dog likes this.
  20. Katoosie

Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Thanks everyone!
    This was my first time recording :)

John Paul S, spencejm, JPDsma and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021